By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

WHAT was your first Gran Turismo game?

Gran Turismo 1

WHEN did you become a fan of Gran Turismo & describe why you became one?

Since GT1 no other sim racer has EVER captured my tastes and GT3 confirmed this.

HOW many Gran Turismo games you own?

GT1, GT2, GT3 (the best), GT4, GT5:P.

WILL you buy Gran Turismo 5 Day 1?

This is not a worthy question.

Around the Network

Gran Turismo 1

Since GT1, while doing the licenses with my dad & then races. The amazement of earning money, buying new cars, playing better races was amazing. Racing with other people, having tournaments at my home. Then ofcourse GT2 came out, we got it day 1 & spent 6 hours on it the day we got it!

GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4

Yes i will unless it launches on the day Final Fantasy XIII does & I only have £40 in my wallet!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
December 17th - Final Fantasy XIII, GT Academy?!! Oh Sony's on fire atm....

The strategy is perfect

Get japan Crazy over FF13 on that day

get EU crazy over GT5 hype

North America has the GOw collection so lo0l!

I am glad to see this thread is getting the attention it deserves!

GT2
I became a fan when I first played it then i got the first one.Why? because it is awesome
All
I am saving money we will see

Around the Network
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
I am glad to see this thread is getting the attention it deserves!

Same here, after the response to toastboy's one I was afraid it may not even break 100 posts for like weeks

the response has been great & I haven't even started major marketing for it as the release is too far away!!

-Gran Turismo 4...yeah i know kinda late...

-When i bought my first game,GT 4,i became a fan because i loved the game...

-3 GT Games

-FOR SURE!

GT1!

With GT1... Because it was/is the best racing game available

Currently, just GT3.

Of course!

What We know about the GT5 Demo

• The demo will be available to download for free by on December 17, 2009 in Europe, Australia/NZ, and North America. Availability in local PSN Stores in other regions -- including Japan -- is not yet confirmed. However, you can easily create a new account on your PS3 associated with any country, so it will technically be available to everyone simultaneously.
  • You will only be able to download the demo between December 17, 2009 and January 25, 2010. After that date, the demo will be playable indefinitely, but it will no longer be available to download for others who missed out.
  • This is a demonstration of Gran Turismo 5 and its new physics engine -- it is not just a new track or car inserted within the world of GT5: Prologue.
  • The demo will feature one variation of a new track in Gran Turismo 5 and two cars: a stock and tuned version of the Nissan 370Z. Winners will be determined by the fastest combined time with the two cars. In other words, your fastest laps in each car will be added together, and the fastest total time wins.
  • If you’re from one of these countries, you will get to compete for a chance to race with Nissan via the GT Academy driver search program. If you’re in the United States or Canada, you win…two tickets to the Indianapolis 500.
  • GT Academy competitors will try to set the fastest lap in their respective country. The top 20 fastest laps recorded in each country will be invited to a national final where, according to the official press release, another new track will be used to host the second round of the competition. The fastest driver from each national event will move on to Silverstone to experience GT Academy -- an intensive 5-day program (you can watch last year’s GT Academy finals here).
  • You must be over the age of 18 and you must have never held a national or international racing license of any kind to be eligible for GT Academy.
  • It is not yet known if Gran Turismo 5’s new damage engine will be shown off in this demo.
  • The tires visible in the rendering of the tuned 370Z in the demo appear to be mounted backwards, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. Looking at the tread pattern, the tires can be identified as Yokohama ADVAN A048s and -- sure enough -- according to their TireRack description, they can be mounted “inside-out” to prolong their life. Why Polyphony Digital would choose to render the tires this way, however, remains a mystery.

http://www.gtplanet.net/the-gt5-demo-and-gt-academy-2010-what-we-know/#more-4516

YAY NEW DAMAGE & PHYSICS CONFIRMED

well, the first GT i ever brought was actually GT5prologue but when i was about 6 me and my dad used to play it loads and also had a few goes on GT3 on PS2, cant wait to buy the full GT5!