By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

lestatdark said:
December 17... hopefully I'll get my PS3 back from repairs at the 18th :(

aww what happened to it?!

hopefully you'll get it!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@Darth

It got error 80015014, and the blu ray doesn't work anymore. It's a launch model 60 GB, so the PS2 and DVD playback worked just fine, it just doesn't read Blu-Ray games and movies anymore :(

You can't imagine my pain face when I learned that I couldn't backup my Demon's Souls data, I had 70 hours and a mega character that I lost now.

Well, i'll have two weeks to vent my frustration and to get back on track with PS3 gaming when it comes back from repairs, and with a GT5 demo to boot ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@Darth

It got error 80015014, and the blu ray doesn't work anymore. It's a launch model 60 GB, so the PS2 and DVD playback worked just fine, it just doesn't read Blu-Ray games and movies anymore :(

You can't imagine my pain face when I learned that I couldn't backup my Demon's Souls data, I had 70 hours and a mega character that I lost now.

Well, i'll have two weeks to vent my frustration and to get back on track with PS3 gaming when it comes back from repairs, and with a GT5 demo to boot ;)

WOW thats horrible

70 EFFING HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well hopefully that will never happena again

If not we'll make sure you don't feel left out on the 17th of December!

new videos of Yamauchi testing the IS-F on nurburgring are up on GTPlanet.

Not sure what build is it because the pedal shift animation is not in. The TGS demo has it.

Don't worry, when I get my hands on the GT5 demo, i'll be all over it xD

I'm also considering getting a PS3 slim now. The one that broke is my dad's, so after repairs if I get one, I can give it back to him. If I can find a nice finacing plan in these next days, that's a serious possibility ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

WHAT was your first Gran Turismo game?

Gran Turismo 1, one of my first PS1 games, played it loads single and multiplayer

WHEN did you become a fan of Gran Turismo & describe why you became one?

playing the first GT, far and away the best driving game id played to that point and hours of fun playing it too, bought evey other GT game since (I own all of them!)

HOW many Gran Turismo games you own?

all of them even prologue ones.

WILL you buy Gran Turismo 5 Day 1?

financially permitting, yes, of course.

Gran Turismo 5’s Nurburgring on Video

Some rare video has emerged from Finnish gaming magazine Pelaajalehti who has shared raw footage from their tour around Polyphony Digital’s studio. The part that’s getting the most attention is Yamauchi’s 3-minute demonstration of the Nurburgring Nordschleife in what’s described as the company’s primary “cockpit” where they “check the driving physics of the car while developing the game”. As we can see from the beginning of the clip, Yamauchi digs through many different options -- a close-up shot would have been amazing, but it’s hard to make anything out from what we have. Regardless, you’ll still get a good look at how the IS-F handles, though Yamauchi’s smooth driving makes it look quite easy (much like when he drove the real thing).

I’ve included the other clips below -- they’re fun to watch, but I found one tiny revelation particularly interesting: Polyphony Digital has actually expanded to a second studio down the street from their headquarters, which is completely dedicated to writing the online code for the game. Considering how important this functionality will be, that’s very encouraging news. Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

kanariya said:
new videos of Yamauchi testing the IS-F on nurburgring are up on GTPlanet.

Not sure what build is it because the pedal shift animation is not in. The TGS demo has it.

Thanks I will add it right away

w00t I'm posting in the...GT5 thread lol

PRETTY AMAZING nurbrurgring video IMHO

& soon as the news section in the OP is getting big, I will be deleting all the writing in some news stories & will only be supplying the link