By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War II is pretty great, I don't know if you guys have heard

GOW collections sure is the dream of sony fanboys like me xD
oh and the GOW3 demo really spices things up!!!!
OMG i'm gonna have a BIG hole in my wallet when march comes.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
Parasitic said:

Slightly off topic but, is it possible to pre-order GoW3 for a demo code then cancel the pre-order? :x

I've still never touched a single GoW game but they look great.

Buy the goddam collection ! you get the demo with it !

And you get to xperience 2 of the best games ever made !

And after seeing the ending to God of War II you'd be crazy not to be sh*tting your pant's to get God of War III

KillerMan said:

Both are definitely in my top 10 best games ever list. I have only played them all trough with hard though. God and Titan mode are just too frustrating for me (especially GoWII). Khuutra have you played Chains of Olympus? It is pretty neat game as well. Just little short. I also hate it that Sony always diss Europe. Where is my Collection ?!

Yes indeed; borrowed a friend's PSP to play it. I rather liked it except for its length, but even that wasn't too bad.

Dr.Grass said:
@Khuutra

Firstly, nice tread. Want your opinion on this: I've never played or even seen GoW. I sold my PS2 and got a GC before it came out and none of my friends had any real taste in games. Now the thing is I don't have THAT much time to play games, and I already have Uncharted2 and MGS4 on my plate for December.

Is it REALLY worth playing GOW1+2 if GOW3 is coming out next year and there are SO many good games out at the moment?

Your thread has actually made me consider GOW collection, but I'm yet to be fully convinced. Any very good reviews of GOW1 or 2 that you can post a link of?

I can't really tell you if it will be worth it for you. I know that it would for me.

Why don't you try renting them and seeing how that goes, first? You'll know what you want to do once you finish the first level in the original.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:

Oh.. I didn't know that.

don't you plan on buying a PS3 ?

Haven't got the scratch!

I do intend to play God of War III, still. I just can't afford a PS3.

Oh, that's easy, just get a second job

I know!
I played it in ps2 compatibility mode, and it was great!
can't wait collection in europe!

Really? I haven't heard of it. I should buy it.

Does this mean you'll buy a PS3 to play GoW2's HD baby brother? (as well, of course, as SoTC's cousin).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Khuutra said:
@ithis:

Agreed! It is of a good and satisfying length!

@OkeyDokey:

I will buy that game even if I don't own a PS3 at the time, rest assured.

@outlawauron:

Booooo for shame go beat it boooo

@RageBot:

That is also a legitimate choice. What did the colossus remind you of, then?

It reminded me of the GoW1 bosses :P

It's just the fact that you climb on the Kraken that reminded me of that game.

Anyway, the one thing that GoW is better at than GoW2 is the plot, there were some interesting plot twists in the first, in the second? Not so much.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Parasitic said:

Slightly off topic but, is it possible to pre-order GoW3 for a demo code then cancel the pre-order? :x

I've still never touched a single GoW game but they look great.

Of course you can.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.