By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10 Wii-games (56k Warning)

I was reading a thread about people not appreciating the Wii, and I suddenly felt like writing a Top 10-list of Wii games. I encourage you all to do the same! There are several games I'd like to have on the list but just don't fit, because, well, I can only have 10. One such game is Wii Sports Resort, which probably would be on the list if I had more than one Motion+, but alas, I have only been able to play it alone so far. Sadly. :(

Anyway, for anyone who cares, here's mine. (Images courtesy of our very own VGChartz, of course.)

10. No More Heroes

Personally, I think that No More Heroes is a fantastic game worthy of praise. Sure, it may not be the best of the best on the Wii, but it's an amazing ride and surprisingly fun for such a seemingly low-budget game. Nice gameplay and hilarious dialogue as well as story, it's no wonder this game makes my Top 10.

9. Wario Land - Shake It!

Wario Land: Shake It! looks absolutely beautiful, in my opinion, and the gameplay is solid as well. It showed me that 2D-platformers still matter. Don't get me wrong, I hadn't discounted them, I just hadn't thought of them in a very long time. Definitely one of the best efforts from Nintendo on the Wii, it's amazingly fun and inventive.

8. Punch-Out!!

Come on, can anyone who's actually played Punch-Out!! disagree with me here? The game is awesome, and I didn't even play the original way back when, so nostalgia isn't even a factor for me. The game is just pure fun, and I'm so happy Nintendo decided to make such an amazing revival of such a fantastic franchise. Kudos to Next-Level Games for managing to capture the very essence of Punch-Out!! perfectly.

7. Mario Kart Wii

I can't say I like Mario Kart Wii as much as some of it's predecessors, mostly due to the butchered battle mode. That said, this is probably my most-played Wii game, and the game of choice for me and my friends when we hang out. While battle may not be up to par, the races are great and it's hard to deny this being a superb addition to the Wii's library. The sales would seem to agree with this.

6. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

This one is kind of hard to place since it just got released, but this is the spot I settled on... For now. Fantastic platformer goodness, with awesome multiplayer to boot. Personally I think playing 2-player is the best experience in the game, particularly when you're playing with someone you can perfectly synchronize with. This game heightens 2D Mario to new levels, and even though some of the levels may feel tedious, there are so many more levels that just feel great that it doesn't really matter.

5. Super Mario Galaxy

I'm sure a few people here know this already, and if you don't you will now - Super Mario 64 is my favorite game of all time. Which makes me kind of sad that Galaxy doesn't surpass it (in my opinion). That doesn't stop Galaxy from being an incredible game, though. It's beautiful, and the feeling you get from it is indescribable. You all know what I mean! It feels weird to place it at #5 since it's such a great game, which just goes to show how amazing the Wii library is, for something as wonderful as Super Mario Galaxy to end up on my fifth spot.

4. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

This game was already fantastic last gen, but the Wii managed to bring it to new heights with unrivaled controls. Even though this is one of the few games on the list I've only played through once, my memories of playing through it are memories of indescribable joy. The atmosphere of this game is incredible, and even though it's a departure from earlier Resident Evil-games, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I welcome Resident Evil 4 with open arms, and hope with all my heart that the Wii will, at some point, see a game similar to it.

3. Metroid Prime Trilogy

Now, normally, this is where Metroid Prime 3: Corruption would go, but seeing as how Metroid Prime Trilogy is all three games in one package, it would be kind of stupid to put just Corruption here. Quite possibly the best trilogy in gaming, Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best value pack I've ever seen in video games, and anyone who likes Metroid and doesn't pick it up deserves a kick in the nads (Unless you already have all three, in which case you are forgiven). I don't really think I need to even say anything about these games, everyone knows them. Everyone knows what I mean, right?

2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

I realize that Twilight Princess is technically a GameCube game, but I (and many others) experienced it on the Wii. And what an experience it was. In my opinion, this is the second-best Zelda game ever made, surpassed only the A Link to the Past, making it the best 3D-Zelda ever made. I can't describe in words how much I loved this game, and the potential playtime is nothing to scoff at either. This game makes me eagerly anticipate Zelda Wii, for whenever it may come, I am very hopeful that it'll surpass this game, and maybe even A Link to the Past...

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Without a doubt my game of the gen. Words cannoy describe how hyped I was for this game, I even bought a Japanese Wii in addition to my PAL Wii (So yes, I have 2 Wiis) so I wouldn't have to wait the extra months for the EU version. Improves upon everything from Melee, and balances the characters way better so that no character is useless (except Jigglypuff, who got incredibly nerfed). I love this game to death, and am happy to see it's sales keep rising all the time. My main reason for wanting to see Nintendo's next console is because I'm hopeful to see the next Smash Bros. come along with it - and maybe finally include King K. Rool... A man can dream, can't he? A man can dream...

So there you have it! My list of Top 10 Wii games. I'd appreciate comments on it, as well as your own Top 10 lists. Participate, people! Participate!

Around the Network

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
3. Wario Land Shake It
4. Super Paper Mario
5. Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
6. Muramasa
7. Metroid Prime Trilogy
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Although I've played far more than 8 games on the Wii, these are the only games I would consider "great".

1. Disaster: Day of Crisis

It's the perfect mix of shooting, driving and rescue mini games with an intresting story and really good music.

2. Wii Fit

I lost 40 kg with this game. No other game had such a big impact on my life.

3. My Fitness Coach

After loosing weight with Wii Fit, I used this game to gain muscles. (I am still working on this ...)

4. SSBB

I played it for countless hours.

5. Super Mario Galaxy

The perfect 3 D Mario game (... until part 2?)

6. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

It's a Zelda game ... enough said

7. New Super Mario Brothers Wii

The perfect 2 D Mario game.

8. Little Kings Story

The best and cutest strategy game.

9. Okami

The best game you never played.

10. Metroid Prime Triology

Three great games for the price of one.

@OP: Your list is also great. The games, which are in your list, but not in mine would surely be in my Top 30. But sadly, you wanted a Top 10 only ...

hentai_11 said:

1. Disaster: Day of Crisis

It's the perfect mix of shooting, driving and rescue mini games with an intresting story and really good music.

2. Wii Fit

I lost 40 kg with this game. No other game had such a big impact on my life.

3. My Fitness Coach

After loosing weight with Wii Fit, I used this game to gain muscles. (I am still working on this ...)

4. SSBB

I played it for countless hours.

5. Super Mario Galaxy

The perfect 3 D Mario game (... until part 2?)

6. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

It's a Zelda game ... enough said

7. New Super Mario Brothers Wii

The perfect 2 D Mario game.

8. Little Kings Story

The best and cutest strategy game.

9. Okami

The best game you never played.

10. Metroid Prime Triology

Three great games for the price of one.

@OP: Your list is also great. The games, which are in your list, but not in mine would surely be in my Top 30. But sadly, you wanted a Top 10 only ...

I like your list too :) Disaster was one of the games that didn't quite make the cut for me, it'd probably be in my Top 15... Maybe even in my Top 12!

Disaster is a great game but seriously not Wii's best...

About Op's list, I have played 5/10 and i totally agree with them.Mario Kart could have been so much better dammit...

Around the Network

Mine, I guess, would go something like this:

1. Twilight Princess
2. MP Trilogy
3. Okami
4. Galaxy
5. Brawl
6. Endless Ocean
7. De Blob
8. No More Heroes
9. HOTD: Overkill
10. Zack & Wiki

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

1. Metroid Prime 3
2.Twilight princess
3. Disaster
4. Okami
5.Battalion Wars2
6. Fire embem
7. Super smash bros
8. Little King Story
9.Super Mario Galaxy
10. No More Heroes

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Top ten 3rd party Wii games would be more interesting.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Brawl shouldn't be anything near top 10.

THEY RUINED FOX D:

I LOVE ICELAND!

Nice list Majin, I like the way you formatted the original post.
Here is my top 10
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. Wii Sports Resort
4. Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
6. Lost Winds: Winter of Melodias
7. Wii Sports
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Grand Slam Tennis
10. Punch-Out!!

If we are only considering retail releases, I'd take out Lost Winds, and put in Metroid Prime Trilogy at 10.