By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted in the UK

Zucas said:
Well its news to me that it is selling bad in the UK. Last I checked it was still in the top 40.

Uncharted deserves TOP10 and anything below this is bad .

Around the Network

The UK is the 51'st state, learn to live with it.

OctaBech said:
The UK is the 51'st state, learn to live with it.

ROFL!

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

patapon said:
sully1311 said:
patapon said:
Because it's the UK. They aren't big on the Playstation brand so games releasing for the ps3 are destined to sell low #.

wrong. it is big in the uk. just the xbox brand is bigger

Hmmm... don't think so. I mean, you're right, the xbox is a bigger brand but the ps3 is in last place for that market. And by quite a large margin at that. This is why I say it's a not-so-big brand. Comparisons show it to be a no show.

Just think of it this way:

The morbidly obese human is still small in comparison to Gabe Newell.

What does last place in the market really have to do with it? If people want the game they want it. Uncharted 2 was top of the UK chart the week it was release, displacing FIFA 10, problem was in my view other games either came out or were to be release that meant it might not have got those sales it needed due to people waiting on other games. Like say myself who waited for Tekken 6 2 weeks later, or the mass of people buying Football Manager or PES 2010 or a few weeks later Call of Duty.

And the UK is still very Playstation branded, in some formats anyway, Tekken 6 PS3 outsold 360's version and PES 2010 PS3 outsold 360 (infact Uncharted 2's 2nd week did better then the 360 version of PES 2010). 360 (and back in the X-box era) is still mainly for FPS and shooters in the public eye's view. Same as why Gran Turismo 5 will always and easily outsell Forza 3 dispite consoles sold.

Hmm, pie.

every country is still playstation branded! say if both of them were same price which one would most choose? easy answer..

Around the Network

Which game is uncharted in the U.K.?

It looks like the charts are complete to me.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Which game is uncharted in the U.K.?

It looks like the charts are complete to me.

That's just terrible........but i still chuckled.

kowenicki said:
actually just checked.... the UK is by far the biggest market for the PS3 in Europe.

The British people just love Videogames. I sometimes wonder if the UK is not the market in the World with the biggest Videogame penetration.

Uk has 50 Million Inhabitants. And it already is on almost the same level as Japan and japan has 130 million people.

NA is USA plus Canada (+Mexiko but its to small to make an impact)

NA is almost 350 million people ( without mexiko)

If the UKs market would be as big as NA  (7 times bigger) or the people in NA would be so into Videogames like the people from UK

then it would look like this:

WII: 42.7 Million

Xbox360: 26.8 Mio

PS3: 18.5 Mio

Thats almost the total numbers of the world

If the UKs market would be as big as Japan (2.5) or the Japanese would be so into Home Consoles like UK it would be like this:

Wii: 15.25 Mio

Xbox360: 9.5 Mio

PS3: 7.5 Mio

If the whole world would be like UK we would have such total numbers:

I just count NA EU JP plus a couple of millions for the rest (1.1 Bn)

Wii: 134.2 Mio

Xbox360: 83.6 Mio

PS3: 55 Mio

So UK is the country which is the most into Home Consoles. 

Netyaroze said:

Uk has 50 Million Inhabitants. And it already is on almost the same level as Japan and japan has 130 million people.

It has 60 million actually, unless you, like most people not from the UK or who are a bit ignorant, are using England = UK.

Nomad Blue said:
Netyaroze said:

It has 60 million actually, unless you, like most people not from the UK or who are a bit ignorant, are using England = UK.

Oh I am very sorry I knew that its somewhere around the 50-60 Million range. I just remembered the numbers which I learned about 17 years ago in the 3rd class. That has nothing to do with ignorance. I took the 50 Million because It was easier for me to do the calculations. So even with 60 Mio It wont change much I just took rough estimations for all countrys.