By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted in the UK

Around the Network

Don't forget that the 360 is so much cheaper than the PS3 in the UK.  Just checking a few big retailers in the UK and thought I'd post Game's prices:

Game:

• 360 Arcade + Modern Warfare 2 - £149.99
  • 360 Arcade + Forza 3 - £149.99
  • 360 Elite + Modern Warfare 2 + Forza 3 - £199.99
  • PS3 Slim 120Gb + Tekken 6 - £249.99
  • PS3 Slim 120Gb + Modern Warfare 2 - £274.99

As you can see, the 360 is so much cheaper and much more accessible for people during the year...it will probably be different for Xmas, but being able to pick up Modern Warfare and a 360 for £125 cheaper than the same game with a PS3 make a huge difference.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

sorry is ervyone gay here or osmehting?why does everyone look at nathans arse?

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Netyaroze said:
kowenicki said:
actually just checked.... the UK is by far the biggest market for the PS3 in Europe.

The British people just love Videogames. I sometimes wonder if the UK is not the market in the World with the biggest Videogame penetration.

Uk has 50 Million Inhabitants. And it already is on almost the same level as Japan and japan has 130 million people.

NA is USA plus Canada (+Mexiko but its to small to make an impact)

NA is almost 350 million people ( without mexiko)

If the UKs market would be as big as NA  (7 times bigger) or the people in NA would be so into Videogames like the people from UK

then it would look like this:

WII: 42.7 Million

Xbox360: 26.8 Mio

PS3: 18.5 Mio

Thats almost the total numbers of the world

If the UKs market would be as big as Japan (2.5) or the Japanese would be so into Home Consoles like UK it would be like this:

Wii: 15.25 Mio

Xbox360: 9.5 Mio

PS3: 7.5 Mio

If the whole world would be like UK we would have such total numbers:

I just count NA EU JP plus a couple of millions for the rest (1.1 Bn)

Wii: 134.2 Mio

Xbox360: 83.6 Mio

PS3: 55 Mio

So UK is the country which is the most into Home Consoles. 

UK has a long history of good developers making games, ever since the 80s. It's less so now with Eidos being bought by Square Enix and a lot of development being moved to Canada due to tax breaks, but a lot of older games were designed by British devs and appealed to British sensibilities and really helped grow the British market. I'm thinking games like Tomb Raider (and the model every game helps ;) ), Wipeout, Little Big Planet and even the GTA games. Although set in the US, they include jokes and humour that most British people would get.

Scoobes said:
Netyaroze said:
kowenicki said:
actually just checked.... the UK is by far the biggest market for the PS3 in Europe.

The British people just love Videogames. I sometimes wonder if the UK is not the market in the World with the biggest Videogame penetration.

.../.../...

So UK is the country which is the most into Home Consoles. 

UK has a long history of good developers making games, ever since the 80s. It's less so now with Eidos being bought by Square Enix and a lot of development being moved to Canada due to tax breaks, but a lot of older games were designed by British devs and appealed to British sensibilities and really helped grow the British market. I'm thinking games like Tomb Raider (and the model every game helps ;) ), Wipeout, Little Big Planet and even the GTA games. Although set in the US, they include jokes and humour that most British people would get.

While not really adding anything to this areguement except pointless facts. According to figures I read once Computer Games is our biggest entertainment industry. As in the revenue overall and export/import is better then music and/or films.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

^Thinking about it that actually makes a lot of sense (especially with the state of Music and Film in the UK). We just need the British government to realise this and support the UK games industry a bit more.