By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you like racist jokes?

only if there good.... depends on context. Handled right then it's fine, handled badly and it's just racism with a smile.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Somebody told me the 'How many Jew's can you fit in a Mini' joke right after leaving the holocaust memorial in NY.

Nobody laughed, everybody started hating him. There's a time and a place for racist jokes.

Rath said:
Somebody told me the 'How many Jew's can you fit in a Mini' joke right after leaving the holocaust memorial in NY.

Nobody laughed, everybody started hating him. There's a time and a place for racist jokes.

I got that one beat in offensiveness at the wrong time.

The day of 9/11 I had one guy tell me that when he saw the people jumping out the windows all he could think of was the song "Let the Bodies hit the Floor" (I was only laughing on the inside).

I love them. 99% of the time, they are innocent, and the person telling them isn't actually racist or prejudiced in any way.

One of my favourites, but you'll probably all have heard it:

A black guy and a latino are in a car. Who's driving?

The cop

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

twesterm said:
Rath said:

I got that one beat in offensiveness at the wrong time.

The day of 9/11 I had one guy tell me that when he saw the people jumping out the windows all he could think of was the song "Let the Bodies hit the Floor" (I was only laughing on the inside).

Dead baby jokes to a woman who has just had a miscarriage are also bad.

Around the Network

They are funny but I don't get extra joy out of them if that's what you mean lol.

Like..

"Why were there 1000 mexicans at the alamo?"
- They only had 6 pickup trucks.

That is funny, it's just a simple joke.

Kantor said:

I love them. 99% of the time, they are innocent, and the person telling them isn't actually racist or prejudiced in any way.

One of my favourites, but you'll probably all have heard it:

A black guy and a latino are in a car. Who's driving?

The cop

I love it.

I think that more than any other kind of joke, a racist joke has to be funny. If a regular joke isn't funny, people will chuckle a bit because it's so stupid, or worst case scenario, sigh. If a racist joke isn't funny, it IS racist, and it's extremely annoying.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

If it's funny, yes. As long as no one's taking them to heart, I don't see the problem.

4 ≈ One

I think racist jokes are hilarious.

Q: Whats faster than a black man running with a stolen TV?

A: His brother with the VCR.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc