By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can i defend a 360 when this happens.. (Lots of cursing)

I consider myself very lucky this generation. I'm on my third 360 and I still have my PS3 from launch and Wii from April of 2007.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I consider myself very lucky this generation. I'm on my third 360 and I still have my PS3 from launch and Wii from April of 2007.

third lucky?

2 mistakes and the company it's done for me.

When I bought my PS3 the controller that came with it only had one functioning button and no motion control.

You didn't catch me calling it the worst piece of shit console ever.

And it was only one DAY old...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Xoj said:
outlawauron said:

third lucky?

2 mistakes and the company it's done for me.

Well, I only had to pay for one replacement. My first one was RROD which we sent it around early 2007. Then my video card went out in Late 2008 and I just traded that in to GameStop and bought an Arcade with a trade in deal.

So, yes, it's been pretty bad, but at least I still have my launch 60GB!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@garnett, How many times have you thrown your controller?
Anyway, controllers are cheap, get a new one off Ebay for $25.00

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

One of my 360's cured itself of RRoD.... I dunno what happened, but, I've not had a problem out of it since... My sister did the towel trick without ever turning on the 360 so it could overheat... go figure..

But, I've seen RRoD twice on the other 360, and a disc scratch. The most my PS3 does is freeze during Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and on the web browser.. It's just amazing how things you buy just don't work the way you'd expect... But, my Genesis is going strong... except the controllers..

Yeah, we've had to replace my brother's 360 twice now. One was repaired for the 3 year warranty, but the second problem was with the HDD. It's not all bad though, it gave us an excuse to replay all of our games when we got a new Hard Drive.

Sorry to hear about your 360 though, that's rough. Especially when a game such as L4D2 comes out (can't wait to play that game. I tried to convince my brother to get it instead of MW2 haha).

@Ironman

I NEVER abuse my system, nor its accessories.

@Starcraft

Did it also happen to break 3 times within 1 year of its purchase? Didnt think so.

wow...reading these comments make me feel super lucky, I don't wan't to jinx myself but I haven't a a problem with any of my systems....

Its these damn companies piss poor testing, if I made a console the console would be tested by running it non stop for 1 month, continued abuse, game swapping, hot and cold conditions. I shouldn't have to treat the console like it has feelings. I still have Gameboy, NES, SNES, PS1 and PS2 and they have absolutely NO problems. The Only problem with the NES is I can't play duck Hunt, Stupid LCD TV.