By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can i defend a 360 when this happens.. (Lots of cursing)

@pullus

Nothing, just trying to play my games.

Around the Network
Garnett said:

@Torillian

Yeah i know that but... Its less than a year old,iv had 3 problems already and....im not made out of cash....Im gonna using a half ass broken controller, oh im so broke im Silver, not cus i wanna be cus i aint got no money, but hey Its free play this Weekend, so im all good lol

The problems you have had are quite uncommon. It's just sods law, RRoD gave 360 a bad light. Now you get normal console issues and it seems worse than it is. I have had my controller since 2005. Never had 1 problem. Same for my HDD and DVD Drive. But yet I have had RRoD. So I guess you just got unluncky. To be honest my 360 is not my worst problem console. I went through 5 PS2's in 3 years. 4 Ps1's and 2 N64's. I'm only on my 2nd 360!

@Selnor

Yeah my old White 360 was perfect, i RROD once but no problems after that.

and LOL dam thats alot of PS2's.

I think im finally coming out of the hole bad luck streak.

Garnett said:

@Selnor

Yeah my old White 360 was perfect, i RROD once but no problems after that.

and LOL dam thats alot of PS2's.

I think im finally coming out of the hole bad luck streak.

Yeah classic DVD Drive issues on Ps2 hit me, and Laser issues on Ps1's. Only ever had 1 snes and nes though. They were built so well.

Talking about 360 controllers. This is no joke. I threw one of my 2ndry controllers against my living room wall 1-2 years ago. ( long story ). It was fully disfigured around the RT. The battery pack I found the other side of the room.  Guess what I thought it was gonna be absolutely destroyed and would no way work. It worked perfectly. Even the RT sensing for acceleration worked perfect. LOL. That made me think they are built awesome. I used it for a year until I decided to buy a new one so my friends didnt have a disfigured controller. It was cracked down the back to. LOL

Here's what you do:

Stop being a fanboy and accept that the 360 is a rather unreliable piece of hardware. >_>

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

selnor, please tell the story about you throwing your controller :P

I take it you got pissed off at a game?

JGarret said:
selnor, please tell the story about you throwing your controller :P

I take it you got pissed off at a game?

I'd never done it before, but it was all COD4's fault. On Veteran the Epilogue? Man I was there about an hour and kept getting like within 2 steps of the door and the timer running out. I was so pissed. Then my Wife made some comment when she walked in about me not being able to do it, and I just lobbed it at full strength. It felt so good. LOL. Then I was like that wasnt good. Picked it up, looked at it and thought there is no way that will work now. Even the battery pack had a hairline crack. Tried it and it all worked. Couldnt believe it. LOL.

selnor said:
Garnett said:

@Torillian

Yeah i know that but... Its less than a year old,iv had 3 problems already and....im not made out of cash....Im gonna using a half ass broken controller, oh im so broke im Silver, not cus i wanna be cus i aint got no money, but hey Its free play this Weekend, so im all good lol

The problems you have had are quite uncommon. It's just sods law, RRoD gave 360 a bad light. Now you get normal console issues and it seems worse than it is. I have had my controller since 2005. Never had 1 problem. Same for my HDD and DVD Drive. But yet I have had RRoD. So I guess you just got unluncky. To be honest my 360 is not my worst problem console. I went through 5 PS2's in 3 years. 4 Ps1's and 2 N64's. I'm only on my 2nd 360!

Come on dude always people bringing Ps2 issues we are talking about Xbox 360, i remember when i used to love my 360 but when the second xbox 360 broke i was so pissed that i had to stop supporting M$