By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer’s top 200 games of all time

Wass said:
Uncharted 2 and God of War waaay above MGS4, can't be serious!

God of War> Shadow of The Colossus>>>>>> Uncharted 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Picking my nose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MGS4

List is kinda good, didn't read every game but it looks alright.

*Edit* "Basically, the PC games are once again completely underrated, and there are way too many current gen games. Assassin's Creed, Infamous"

Changed my mind, list is shit also notice that GTA IV > GTA SA & GTA VC & Super Mario Galaxy. Yeah moving along.

Around the Network

This list doesnt have Unreal Tournament and Unreal ONE. WTF?

Shit list.

It's an okay list although Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout 3 are too low. And no Age of Empires 2?

Way too ambitious to try a top 200.

Around the Network

MGS4 should be one

but ONE GREAT THING is that FINAL FANTASY 6 (yes....FF3 was actually FF6....it was just called FF3 in america)

IS ABOVE THE overrated FF7 & IN THE TOP 10

YAYAAAAAA!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Where is Ultima Online? The fuck that game revolutionarized the whole online gaming and started the MMO fenomen, it has yet to be topped by any game that come afterwards with offering of gameplay choices. This list is a very console oriented and very bad. Most of the greatest and most played PC games have barely made first 100 while top 20 is 50% consisted of Nintendo games, which are great, but hardly half of the best games of all times.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Too console centric and no Elite (that I can see) plus the usual skew to recent games while re-enforcing the already set in stone status of certain older games (Zelda, Half Life, etc)... so a pretty standard list really.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Some of those games have aged really poorly. I know they had amazing impact at the time that they were released, but (for example) who's going to want to play Legend of Zelda instead of Link to the Past?

That's why lists like this will always fail. The technology is always being refined and improved. The experience is always getting better and the interface is always getting smoother. We (myself included) look back at some of the great experiences of the past with nostalgia colored glasses. We remember how much fun Game X was back in 1993. We had more fun with that game back then, but how can we prove that Game X in 1993 is better than Game Y in 2004?

I just take these lists with a grain of salt. As long as a Nintendo franchise takes top honors, I'm happy.

no nsmbwii?