By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer’s top 200 games of all time

"98. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS3/360, 2009)"

What?

Decent list I suppose.  Some of the middle choices seem odd when games like Planescape: Torment, BF 1942, MGS3, and X-COM are in the bottom 50.

Around the Network

Not very good list imo

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

how is RE4 ranked in the top 200? let alone above the best game of all time (Metal Gear Solid)?

Not a bad list.

Of course I don't agree with everything but it's opinions and it's impossible to make everyone happy.

As for Uncharted, Uncharted 2 *might* have a place in the lower parts of the list (and don't get me wrong, I loved both of them) but Uncharted shouldn't be on there.

Even though it's a pretty crappy list overall, good to see Doom get some lovin' at 6 and Goldeneye at 32. One thing I've never understood, what's the big deal with tetris? You play it once then you move on. How can you say it's got more 'lasting appeal' than all those other games?

Around the Network

I cant name many SP experiences better then Uncharted 2 and where is The World Ends With You........ I mean it was only the best DS RPG to be released. Also other games i am not happy that are not on the list but can deal with is BF: BC, Killzone 2, Eternal Sonata, Dead Space, valkyria chronicles, Fire Emblem, and my favorite game that is frowned upon Robotech: Battlecry (cant explain why but i loved this game)

Daft Punk rules the nation

AnarchyWest said:
how is RE4 ranked in the top 200? let alone above the best game of all time (Metal Gear Solid)?

RE4 is usually in the top 10 on these lists. It shouldn't come as a surprise.

jaja a list with Ocarina in #20 doesnt deserves my time

Metroid: Other M

Sambo2612 said:
Even though it's a pretty crappy list overall, good to see Doom get some lovin' at 6 and Goldeneye at 32. One thing I've never understood, what's the big deal with tetris? You play it once then you move on. How can you say it's got more 'lasting appeal' than all those other games?

1. The big deal with Tetris is that it popularized the puzzle genre. There's puzzle games after Tetris, and there's...what before it?

2. You may have somehow played Tetris once and moved on. I've played Tetris off and on for 20 years and still haven't figured out how to move on for good. Care to tell me your secret?

3. Tetris has more lasting appeal because it doesn't end...ever. It only ends if you happen to lose. If you never lose, it never ends. It's the game that mimics real life the most. You're given one chance and you ride it until you die. Other games will coddle you with endings that show your success. The ending of Tetris is your failure. It's negative reinforcement is how people have come back to it again and again.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I want to say I'm glad they gave Heroes III a nod, but then I see how much crap they put above it.

As for CoD4 being up at #14... yeah. The game was fun, but it was no Counter-Strike (which was placed at 96?). There's a lot I disagree with on the list, but the general feeling I get is they've put too much emphasis on newer games. The older stuff is simply better, most of the modern games are just older experiences that have been slightly improved upon.

Basically, the PC games are once again completely underrated, and there are way too many current gen games. Assassin's Creed, Infamous or Crackdown shouldn't be anywhere near the top 200.