By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 launch in germany

You heard it about France and now you’ll read it about Germany: The PS3 isn’t selling well. In Berlin at the PS3 event in the giant Sony Center the PS3 sold good and Sony was pleased but that´s just what official Sony spokespersons say – in fact the PS3 isn´t doing that well. I told you some days ago about the situation in “Saturn” just some minutes away from my home where Wii practically outsold the PS3 cause it got a new shipment – on march 23rd. Now there’s some news from Munich/München where the PS3 is sitting on shelves. When Saturn and Media Markt opened their doors there were just about 10 people waiting in front of each Shop. But even worse just about half of them ran to the PS3 shelves buying a console... “Kaufhof” another big German retailer sells the PS3 for about half the price – the other 300 Euro you have to pay in a time span of 3 months for 0% more. But nobody uses this possibility. In other big stores you couldn’t find any long lines, too. Just some fans waiting for the retailers to open. In fact, not even one big German retailer is sold out and some of them have even more than half of their consoles left. “Karstadt” for example got a giant shipment of consoles but just sold 30 of them the first day. But even worse demand seems to drop totally at the moment even some people from big newspapers appeared to take some photos of a giant crowd waiting for the stores to open – there was just no crowd... one day later some people came back but they didn´t buy a PS3 they just buyed new gamepads or games. Quoting the Queen: The retailers are "not amused..." Klick the link to see some impressions of the launch in munich and other cities: (if the link doenst work ---> http://playstation3.gaming-universe.de/news/kommentare-819.html#kommentare ) More on it as it developes!

Around the Network

I can only confirm your statements about the ps3 launch in germany. In Berlin there is the same situation like Munich. My Media Markt has about 30 PS3s. In MakroMarkt there are just 4. But nowhere are Wiis. It's sold out in every store here.

Oh, a Berliner Just wait some time and I´ll move to Berlin too. Thanks for posting cause nobody seems to be interested

it seems like germany and austria media got money from sony for good press... i read at saturday that there are only few ps3 left and when i went shopping with my girlfriend i saw big towers of ps3 two hours before the shops are closing (!?) i doubt we will ever know the real sales in europe ...

Vienna said: it seems like germany and austria media got money from sony for good press... i read at saturday that there are only few ps3 left and when i went shopping with my girlfriend i saw big towers of ps3 two hours before the shops are closing (!?) i doubt we will ever know the real sales in europe ...
In one hand I agree with you because some channels are talking about a good launch but in the other hand there are many german websites, which are talking about a really bad launch @Louie Wir Deutschen müssen doch zusammen halten, wa

Around the Network

we could also start to write in german in this thread, at least as long as nobody else is interested as you probably read in the other thread, as far as i could see, ps3 started moderate in switzerland. i guess that the media markt in basel has sold around 50 percent of his first shipment.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Sorry for the bad German in advance. Nicht verkaufte PS3 heraus dort? Mein Freund ist solch ein Lügner! I really didn't expect it to sell out on price alone though.. It would sell so much better if it was more affordable..

souixan said: Sorry for the bad German in advance. Nicht verkaufte PS3 heraus dort? Mein Freund ist solch ein Lügner! I really didn't expect it to sell out on price alone though.. It would sell so much better if it was more affordable..
Translation of Souixans first german sentence on vgcharts forum: "Not sold PS3 out of (the country) there?" Doh! (second sentence was correct btw - but we´d rather say: "mein Kumpel labert sowieso nur sche*ße den ganzen Tag!" ) @Jakaiwa: Now some will think you´re a Nazi

Louie said: souixan said: Sorry for the bad German in advance. Nicht verkaufte PS3 heraus dort? Mein Freund ist solch ein Lügner! I really didn't expect it to sell out on price alone though.. It would sell so much better if it was more affordable.. Translation of Souixans first german sentence on vgcharts forum: "Not sold PS3 out of (the country) there?" Doh! (second sentence was correct btw - but we´d rather say: "mein Kumpel labert sowieso nur sche*ße den ganzen Tag!" ) @Jakaiwa: Now some will think you´re a Nazi
Sorry my German is really bad as I said, I took a class for a few years ... a good while ago. At least it was understandable that alone made me happy lol.

As I said in the other thread (about the european launch) I was at my local MediaMarkt here in Potsdam at Friday afternoon. There was a pile of Playstation 3. Today (monday) I was there again, and thee pile had only the half of his original height. I guess there are now 30 Playstation3 left, so it seems it were 60 at the beginning. So at least 30 of at least 60 units were sold. But I dont know, how many got sold on friday morning or at the midnight, and if the pile was refilled after some selling. So probably more units got sold.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]