By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I crazy, or isn't this a huge deal?

TomaTito said:
Great! The gift feature sounds cool. I have a US Wii Points card laying around here that a relative brought by accident... it doesn't work here in EU obviously, so maybe a good soul from the forum can do an exchange for me when this feature is up and running. I'll send him/her the code for the 2000 points and he/she can send some games keeping the leftover wiipoints :)

... wait ... it might be only for people in the same region ... might not work overseas ... damn!

No international gifting :(

what to do with this card now...

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Its not actually that big of a deal. I was just there for several weeks visiting various cities. The wii is already there, just not in an official capacity.

The people that can afford the wii and would want it can already get it.

Plus, home console videogaming is not a big portion of the culture as it is in US/Japan so it will take a while for the market to be significant.

The chinese also high an extemely % of the population with internet connectivity, US's % is higher but not by a ton, The Gov over there has really been pushing universal internet access. It is seen as an economic investment.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Chinese WoW players = Gold Farmers

so annoying

I dont know of any other major console launching in China.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

My prediction is that Nintendo will release another castrated console in China like they did with the N64/iQue. It will be a failure, and people will just import the regular Wii from other countries.

The thing that interest me the most...What kind of games will they buy...Will they be more like Western games or like Japanese gamers.