By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review New Super Mario Bros. Wii

routsounmanman said:
noname2200 said:
routsounmanman said:

The Wii and Nintendo are in a lose-lose situation right now, and I don't see them getting over it soon...

?

Where's the loss coming from?

I obviously mean Press-wise. Too much unsupported and unjustified hate.

I got that, but I stand by my question. They haven't changed their stance. The results show gamers don't care. So why bother with them? Let 'em be.

Around the Network

I never said they should care; you know what they say : "there's no such thing as bad press"

I merely pointed out this obvious situation Nintendo has fallen into, some people still see no such thing as "Nintendo hate" this generation, it's so damn obvious.

If they don't have to care, how can this be considered a loss?

A reputation hit, perhaps? Windows sales are roaring high, but MS reputation couldn't be lower...

And that's been the case since the early 90's. The enthusiast press rarely has the pull it thinks it does. The same is true for gaming; most gamers don't even know what IGN is, let alone care about its opinion. So let them scream and yell in their small bubble to their heart's content.

Around the Network

Online multiplayer is for multiple people who already own the game to play together. This doesn't help Nintendo.

Local multiplayer is for groups of 4 people to play when only 1 owns the game. This way that person converts 3 friends into Marioboys. Those 3 Marioboys convert 9 other Marioboys, who convert 27 other Marioboys. This game will sell more than anything. It will be a viral word-of-mouth monster of epic proportions.

Since Nintendo have some of the most sold games out there wich doesn't have online I really do think they know the gamingworld better then anyone else.

Outside of Internet "hardcore" gamers most gamers really do not want online in ever DAMN game and this is one of them.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Online multiplayer is for multiple people who already own the game to play together. This doesn't help Nintendo.

Local multiplayer is for groups of 4 people to play when only 1 owns the game. This way that person converts 3 friends into Marioboys. Those 3 Marioboys convert 9 other Marioboys, who convert 27 other Marioboys. This game will sell more than anything. It will be a viral word-of-mouth monster of epic proportions.

Good point. Too bad i don't care how nintendo does as a company, as i'm not affiliated with them by any means. Still Online Co-Op would have been a great add-on and probably would have raised the score to 9.5

its a blend of every 2D mario game i've ever played. tomorrow couldn't come fast enough! i really wished this game had online though, i liked the idea of online time trails and videos to see how theydid it, kind of like mari kart wii.

noname2200 said:
And that's been the case since the early 90's. The enthusiast press rarely has the pull it thinks it does. The same is true for gaming; most gamers don't even know what IGN is, let alone care about its opinion. So let them scream and yell in their small bubble to their heart's content.

It's funny, because you are 1000% correct on this point, period.

However, since we are all hardcore gamers it's difficult for us sometimes to recognize that the world of gaming media is so small and insignificant because we are so glued to it and in-tune to it. Taking a step back and putting things into perspective sometimes would help all of us, I think.