By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review New Super Mario Bros. Wii

I will back up all your responses to me noname. All except the one about scribblenauts.
Here is the game's sales:http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=34998&region=All

Hovering at .29

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I will back up all your responses to me noname. All except the one about scribblenauts.
Here is the game's sales:http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=34998&region=All

Hovering at .29

That's pretty damned good for a DS game, though, especially one that's less than two months old. I belive that of all of the developer's (Level 5?) games, Scribblenauts has had far and away the best launch period. The other two (Drawn for Life and Locke's Quest) sold fantastically, but only over time. If Scribblenauts holds to that pattern, it'll easily be their best-seller this time next year.

I was speaking to an old colleague about NSMBwii, at first he said forget that, he's about to buy a Ps3 for MW2, I said oh, then I brought it up later this evening and he was remembering almost breaking his T.V. on Mario 3. =)

Now he's going to "get it for his wife."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I dunno if it can hold that for long.
There are a lot of complaints about the game. I have a lot and I honestly do own the game and I let my friend borrow it and my DS and I really don't care to have it back.
I'd much rather finish devil survivor.

dib8rman said:
Making music, well MkWii isn't lagless, it's just not rendering a lot most of the times, you don't need to know the details of things out of sight, this game constantly has 4 players and objects on screen, there's a higher level of precision needed than in MK for sure.

That's partially what I picked up with multiplayer, it's crazy as is, but I get frustrated at brawl enough to know that if I need to make a specific jump in mario I don't need to screen to skip even for a fraction of a second.

I suppose a simple 2D game like this is rendering more, right?

And don't forget that in MKWii you could easily have all 12 players on screen at once, depending on the position of everybody on the track.  And they are all complex 3D models, not mere 2D sprites.

As for Super Smash Bros., the online in that game is downright bad, and doesn't come close to the better efforts we've seen on the Wii, like Mario Kart.  I can't recall a single smooth match I've played in the game.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I dunno if it can hold that for long.
There are a lot of complaints about the game. I have a lot and I honestly do own the game and I let my friend borrow it and my DS and I really don't care to have it back.
I'd much rather finish devil survivor.

For what it's worth, I happen to agree. Still, the developers' previous games also had the same control complaints (which is why I'd figured they'd have, y'know, thought about fixing them by now) and those still went on to sell gangbusters. While I still think you're right, I also think there's a decent chance that Scribblenauts will at least equal its predecessors in terms of sales.

yeah, ur right. But it still didn't get a 10/10 from ign either

makingmusic

I'm saying that you can see the prediction in MKwii in cases where it isn't lagging very much.

Having 12 people on the screen at once is fine the game can do that, but the only thing of priority is your position on the map and what your doing, that's how that game works.

I'm sure you've noticed that sometimes some people just magically reposition themselves. That's their real position from time to time or sometimes where they were.

The game is very well coded for online. But it's not very important where the other drivers are the further away from you they are is my point.

I've played the game enough to know how the online works, it seems lagless but it's not.

I'm just saying this game requires more precision with making jumps, you don't need input lag or suddenly have another character adjust above your head or in front of you before a jump.

Or worse yet suddenly a shell throws itself.

@Theprof

MW2 got a higher score than this game and many yell about it being gimped, which I'm not sure about.

This game got a deduction from IGN for being gimped when online wasn't even a mention by the developer.

How do you take points off from a game for not having online? It's like taking points off a shooter for not having any platforming.

theprof00 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
NINTENDO WERE IS TEH ONLINE? BAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

*Nintendo adds online*

WTF WHY R THER FRENDCODES GET THIS SHT OUT OF HEREE

*Nintendo removes friend codes*

OMG WERE IS TEH DLC? IF I CANT DOWNLOWD HALFOF TEH GAME IN DLC THEN WAT IS THE PIONT NITNENDO????//

*Nintendo removes online*

NINTENDO WERE IS TEH ONLINE? BAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

the dlc part is just completely illogical, IRL people wouldn't clamor for DLC and Nintendo wouldn't take away the online.

IRL the service is supposed to get better and better, but you apparently think that fans are the reason that nintendo is doing this? Apparently the fans control Nintendo, right? Which is why everyone is completely satisfied with the Wii right now.

It boggles my mind that with so much money coming in, they can be making so many mistakes. But then again, with such a rabid fanbase, why put more money into the system when people will accept and defend cost cutting measures?

This reply makes no sense. It is based illogic and a lack of reading comprehension (or selective reading).

No one said anything about the fans "controlling" Nintendo. Nice strawman, now watch your argument blow away in the wind.

Moaning about "cost cutting" assumes that the game was online based from the start and that Nintendo cut the feature to save money. This is factually incorrect. The game simply doesn't have online because it wasn't designed for it. If Nintendo wanted it to be online, it would have been. They've done it in SSB, Mario Kart, hell even Excitebike for Wiiware has it. This is not a developmen or a money issue because they have no qualms making their games online. So this was clearly a design choice.

This is why all the bitching is moronic. Now wanting online play isn't wrong at all. Throwing a tantrum on the internet is. We've known it wasn't online for months. I assumed people would have gotten over this once the game came out but IGN's silly review proves otherwise. I don't really think people are so dense but to scream about something that actually isn't that important in the long wrong. Going off of Craig Harris' words, this looks like another fanboy crusade but using no online in NSMBW as a platform.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"