By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Gen HALO in the Works

Total non news. You can go out to MS site and in the jobs section they have been looking for people for the new Halo team for months, even before 343 was announced.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
elticker said:
beautiful that just made my day. please be halo 4 i would like to know what happened to ms and cortana after they were floating in space

Did you watch the video at the end of the credits? If so, you would have seen the planet!!! Personally, I can't wait till this comes out...provided it is as good or better than the other three.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Boneitis said:
PullusPardus said:
Slimebeast said:
PullusPardus said:
Halo 4 : Milkin' Warfare

That was uncalled for.

well to tell you the truth , they need to not rush them to get back to the top, Halo is really drowning with all these spin offs.

I have a gut feeling you haven't played much Halo. Don't even have the console to play Halo. Perhaps this thread can do without your trolling.

ouch.

Hhhhhaaaayyyyyyylllllllooooowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Me wants. :x

PullusPardus said:

-twesterm edit-

Jesus people, learn to take a joke for a joke.  Stop reporting this post.

Haha, Halo isn't even milked only 3 games so far not counting spin-offs.

Halo 4 will be better than anyoter fps ever.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Aion said:
PullusPardus said:

-twesterm edit-

No offence but Halo is going the way of Mario. When a company has a cash cow they either milk it and make millions or ignore it and loose out. Halo is the new Sonic, expect to see more spin-offs in the future and lots of sequels. I remember Bungie saying their would be only 3 Halo's that is the franchise they intended. So what does MS do, they contract out another company to make a 4th and onwards. Expect a Halo5,6,7....etc....etc... I just wish they had stuck to calling them by names (Ex.Halo:CombatEvolved) rather then generic numbers!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

if this rumor is true (and even if its not cause it probably is more or less) this is really not surprising of course Microsoft is going to milk the franchise. Its their mario.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Joelcool7 said:
Aion said:
PullusPardus said:

-twesterm edit-

No offence but Halo is going the way of Mario. When a company has a cash cow they either milk it and make millions or ignore it and loose out. Halo is the new Sonic, expect to see more spin-offs in the future and lots of sequels. I remember Bungie saying their would be only 3 Halo's that is the franchise they intended. So what does MS do, they contract out another company to make a 4th and onwards. Expect a Halo5,6,7....etc....etc... I just wish they had stuck to calling them by names (Ex.Halo:CombatEvolved) rather then generic numbers!

Did you seriously just compare the Ms's Halo milkage to the level of Nintendo's Mario milkage?  And if you did are you being serious?

Until we have master chief tennis, master chief golf, master chief soccer, halo karts, master chief party, etc... then the two are not even comparable. 

De85 said:
Joelcool7 said:
Aion said:
PullusPardus said:

-twesterm edit-

Did you seriously just compare the Ms's Halo milkage to the level of Nintendo's Mario milkage?  And if you did are you being serious?

Until we have master chief tennis, master chief golf, master chief soccer, halo karts, master chief party, etc... then the two are not even comparable. 

Yeah I'm going to have to agree, there are plenty of franchises out here that have been around as long as Halo and have had many more games brought out. I won't even talk about Mario from this point.

Think about it, before ODST and Wars this year, it was 3 years between each Halo game. That's longer than uncharted and Resistance gets between their installments (2 years). Same with Gears of War (2 years). Now when the true sequel (Reach) comes out, it would have been another 3 years since Halo 3 launched.

In addition to that, may I remind you that Ratchet and Clank first came into our lives a year after Halo did and since then has gone on to record 9 released games. That's 9 in 7 years. Yet I don't see anyone claiming that Sony is milking that franchise, when it's really clear that based on the same "logic" applied to the Halo Series, they must be using some sort of automated suction machine for that franchise.

This news doesn't surprise me, Halo Reach next year, the next main series Halo in 3 years time after that, which would be either 1 year after the launch of the nextbox or at launch (depending on MS strategy).

MC is far behind Mario, he should molest mushrooms too, besides kids and men, to even just hope to reach him!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!