By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Gen HALO in the Works

lol what? Probably just another spinoff and not Halo 4.

Around the Network

I want to read more news on this and the next platform.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Halo hasn't been milked. Two well regarded and comercially successful spinoffs don't equate to milking.

As far as I'm concerned aslong as they remain high quality then I couldn't care less if they do more halo spinoffs. I'll just keep on buying them.

CAL4M1TY said:
De85 said:
Joelcool7 said:
Aion said:
PullusPardus said:

Halo 4 : Milkin' Warfare

-twesterm edit-

Jesus people, learn to take a joke for a joke.  Stop reporting this post.

Haha, Halo isn't even milked only 3 games so far not counting spin-offs.

Halo 4 will be better than anyoter fps ever.

No offence but Halo is going the way of Mario. When a company has a cash cow they either milk it and make millions or ignore it and loose out. Halo is the new Sonic, expect to see more spin-offs in the future and lots of sequels. I remember Bungie saying their would be only 3 Halo's that is the franchise they intended. So what does MS do, they contract out another company to make a 4th and onwards. Expect a Halo5,6,7....etc....etc... I just wish they had stuck to calling them by names (Ex.Halo:CombatEvolved) rather then generic numbers!

Did you seriously just compare the Ms's Halo milkage to the level of Nintendo's Mario milkage?  And if you did are you being serious?

Until we have master chief tennis, master chief golf, master chief soccer, halo karts, master chief party, etc... then the two are not even comparable. 

Yeah I'm going to have to agree, there are plenty of franchises out here that have been around as long as Halo and have had many more games brought out. I won't even talk about Mario from this point.

Think about it, before ODST and Wars this year, it was 3 years between each Halo game. That's longer than uncharted and Resistance gets between their installments (2 years). Same with Gears of War (2 years). Now when the true sequel (Reach) comes out, it would have been another 3 years since Halo 3 launched.

In addition to that, may I remind you that Ratchet and Clank first came into our lives a year after Halo did and since then has gone on to record 9 released games. That's 9 in 7 years. Yet I don't see anyone claiming that Sony is milking that franchise, when it's really clear that based on the same "logic" applied to the Halo Series, they must be using some sort of automated suction machine for that franchise.

This news doesn't surprise me, Halo Reach next year, the next main series Halo in 3 years time after that, which would be either 1 year after the launch of the nextbox or at launch (depending on MS strategy).

Sony milks their franchises even more then Nintendo. Just look at the PSOne and Spyro and Crash, where Nintendo had one mainstream Mario game a generation Sony had 3 for their franchises. Yes Ratchet gets milked just as much if not more then Mario and so does Jak and Daxter. Sony just doesn't create any worth while spin offs. I mean try to compare Jak Racing (Can't remember the real name) to MarioKart?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

how much more can they do with the halo series ? its one of the best, keep it that way, go out on top. i just dont want to see them bring out crappy games and end the series in a crappy way. after halo reach, ,which they should put everything in to it, let it rest. they should remaster halo 1 and 2 , at 720p and 60 frames per sec. that would be great. i would re buy them

Around the Network
lhill8181 said:
how much more can they do with the halo series ? its one of the best, keep it that way, go out on top. i just dont want to see them bring out crappy games and end the series in a crappy way. after halo reach, ,which they should put everything in to it, let it rest. they should remaster halo 1 and 2 , at 720p and 60 frames per sec. that would be great. i would re buy them

Why would their games suddenly become crappy when all 5 Halo games so far have been huge successes and highest quality titles?  Even the RTS spinoff got great reviews and sales.

And for anyone that doesn't know, Halo: Reach is a prequel and it will likely branch off into an entirely new storyline following another set of spartans (Will, Fred, Linda, Kelly, etc.) from the book series.

nightsurge said:

is a prequel and it will likely branch off into an entirely new storyline following another set of spartans (Will, Fred, Linda, Kelly, etc.) from the book series.

I have read the books, and I would love to play as them. Their time on the planet seemed so desperate and awesome. Maybe even have Master Chief's adventure as the tutorial or something, Since he didn't do much there anyways

dsister44 said:
nightsurge said:

is a prequel and it will likely branch off into an entirely new storyline following another set of spartans (Will, Fred, Linda, Kelly, etc.) from the book series.

I have read the books, and I would love to play as them. Their time on the planet seemed so desperate and awesome. Maybe even have Master Chief's adventure as the tutorial or something, Since he didn't do much there anyways

I just can't wait to see how they implement those spartans special characteristics into the game.  Like Linda was the godly sniper, Kelly was the fastest spartan, etc.

PullusPardus said:
Slimebeast said:
PullusPardus said:

That was uncalled for.

well to tell you the truth , they need to not rush them to get back to the top, Halo is really drowning with all these spin offs.

STFU!

Halo has had to non main series games. Firstly Halo Wars the best Console strategy game ever made. It reinvented Console strategy. And ODST. Which was a great experience and the best FPS this gen. Not only is it the most complete online experience (all of Halo 3 MP), but also Firefight is the best mode ever in a MP game. The singleplayer was diverse and as good as Halo has ever been.

selnor said:
PullusPardus said:
Slimebeast said:
PullusPardus said:

That was uncalled for.

well to tell you the truth , they need to not rush them to get back to the top, Halo is really drowning with all these spin offs.

STFU!

Halo has had to non main series games. Firstly Halo Wars the best Console strategy game ever made. It reinvented Console strategy. And ODST. Which was a great experience and the best FPS this gen. Not only is it the most complete online experience (all of Halo 3 MP), but also Firefight is the best mode ever in a MP game. The singleplayer was diverse and as good as Halo has ever been.

selnor + 1