By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - COD modern reflexes looks almost just as good as COD4 on PS3/360

I decided to watch both videos from the point where they run out of the ship and across the deck towards the helicopter.

That part alone is like night and day.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
I decided to watch both videos from the point where they run out of the ship and across the deck towards the helicopter.

That part alone is like night and day.

Actually, I think every part is like night and day.

Euphoria14 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I'm almost 100% positive thats the PC version man :P the PC game will look better than the PS3 and 360 games lol

Check my other post.

Also, in the PS3 video, go to the 8:00 mark. From there on you can easily understand why the Wii version isn't even close. Just look at the water pouring in and how the debris flies around.

Jeez I know the difference I'm not blind, lol.  But that second video you found sucks hard, its really dark, people need lessons on how to caputre video I swear. 

But yeah the big difference is the lighting engine honestly, but it's not a huge deal when you're playing honestly if I didn't know some of those effects were there originally I wouldn't notice or care cause its still as intense while playing lol.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I think a lot of you didn't read the thread title correctly. "looks almost just as good".

And just because there isn't as much water doesn't mean it "doesn't even come close". There would have to be barely any water and all, and there clearly is some pouring in.

The biggest effect loss is that the water as the ship sinks isn't as layered to hide it's just a huge texture layer the ship is falling into, although you can still see it in the PC video if you look hard enough.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

MrBubbles said:

ok...i admit that call of duty 4 wasnt a very graphically intense game at all. it was in fact quite poor sometimes.

but when you said that the wii version was almost at a parity with the other versions i almost smashed my head through my monitor because of the absurdity.

... please don't.

*eyes water*

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
I think a lot of you didn't read the thread title correctly. "looks almost just as good".

And just because there isn't as much water doesn't mean it "doesn't even come close". There would have to be barely any water and all, and there clearly is some pouring in.

The biggest effect loss is that the water as the ship sinks isn't as layered to hide it's just a huge texture layer the ship is falling into, although you can still see it in the PC video if you look hard enough.

It's not quite "almost" IMO but it's faithful to the orignal just taking out a few details and effects, very nice overall.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

LordTheNightKnight said:

There's barely any lighting effects at all in the Wii version.  Does that count as being not even close?

It does look good for a Wii game, but it is missing the lighting and the amount of enemies that the HD versions have.

Firstly, the game looks good for a Wii game and that is what is important in this situation because who is going to by this on the Wii if they already have it on something else. It's natural curiosity to want to compare, so i will briefly, but in the end it's not that important. The Wii is not all of a sudden closer to the HD consoles in processing power, so set your minds at ease.

Firstly the usual, "but our version is HD", doesn't really apply very well here considering the difference in horizontal resolution is only 120 lines (just more than the difference between PAL and NTSC last gen). Even though some people are now trying to downplay COD4's graphics on the HD consoles, it was awarded very high ratings for graphics from most publications when it came out.

Given that the difference in resolution is less than with other games we should expect that there are going to be compromises elsewhere, which can be seen in texture resolution, lighting and shaders. Desite these factors it can't be argued that the game doesn't hold up well on the Wii.

Stating that it doesn't look as good is kind of pointless as that was a foregone conclusion. Whether the realistic and gritty gameplay experience (which is enable by the graphics) survives the inevitable graphical downgrade should be the only real concern.

I honestly was not being sarcastic.. I mean after playing COD4 again, I felt as if my vision was taking a blow, the graphics are horrendous in comparison to recent FPS games.

mM