Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAME OF THE YEAR; Uncharted 2 or Modern Warfare 2

eggs2see said:
Both are brilliant, i'm getting sick of all the hate for mw2 though, but i guess there are enough x360 mw2 fanboys out there to compensate.

MW2 = short story that doesn't explain itself well but intense and fun, awesome co-op spec-ops mode, fantastic mp.

Uncharted 2 = Good story, great cut-scenes and decent length, amazing graphics, super polished, mp is lacking and no offline co-op.

It's a really tough one, i honestly expect game sites decisions to be split between these two...

For me personally though i say Uncharted 2 as i don't play much multiplayer on console's, and i still honestly believe no fps has yet to top counter strike on multiplayer.

boom headshot =)

Around the Network
Zomb1337 said:
CoD:MW2 FTW!

ahve u played uc 2? cuz i think u dont have a ps3

Aion said:
MW2 ftw
MW2 is the best game this gen

? Maybe the best FPS this generation i agree with that no better than UC 2 or MGS 4

Uncharted 2

mw2 way too overhyped for just being a solid fps, IMO.
I like more innovative fps games like borderlands or MAG.

uncharted 2 no questions asked

Around the Network

Uncharted is better.

It plays better and that's that.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii for me.

Dragon Age is my favourite game this year by far,
Second Fav would be Divinity 2 I think
but if I have to pick one between Uncharted 2 and MW2
I'll choose MW2

Its a toughy

Both games are superb but as two sequels with little in the way of new genre defining gameplay a think its a bit of a moot point.

MW2 is undoubtedly going to be the greater commercial success and I opt for this title in the end through no other reason than its incredible online gameplay.

Uncharted 2 is a fantastic game and it would win a graphics showdown with MW2.

Also being a multiplat MW2 garners a lot of cross party support.

I purchased both on day one. Uncharted 2 was one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. MW2 is a lot of fun but I do feel as though I've played the same game twice in the past two years.

I've always had a preference for games with strong storytelling. And in that regard Uncharted 2 has few (if any) peers. Personally I'd give it game of this generation and I'm not even sure it'd be a close battle.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall