By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAME OF THE YEAR; Uncharted 2 or Modern Warfare 2

chubaca said:
Tbone said:
No offence but this thread will probably turn in to a war, almost all ps3 fans will say Uncharted 2 others will say that just because Uncharted 2 ps3 exclusive.

Actually, any xbox360 only user shouldn't answer this thread. Obviously they will say MW2 without playing U2

I've yet to get MW2, but I'm mainly interested in SP, wich I highly doubt will be better than U2's. But I have high hopes anyway.

Actually, I vote Uncharted 2 and I've never even played the game. But going by how much all the PS3 owners are praising it, I love it the most too.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

i just bought uncharted 2 and MW2, give me couple of weeks to judge them

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I haven't played either but my impression from what i have read and heard in the gaming media (the people who judge these) is that Uncharted 2 will probably get more GOTY awards

My reasoning:
1.Despite the fact that U2 is an exclusive game it got almost universal praise across the board with the only common criticism being that it lacked originality.

2. MW2 has been out a shorter time and although it's receiving excellent reviews there does seem to be a little more criticism of the game e.g short campaign, not as good as the first, graphics aren't 1280p etc.

Now while some of this may just be FUD from fanboys wanting to further highlight U2's credentials for game of the year, some of it does seem to be genuine criticism.

If the trend continues and MW2's image isn't 'saved' by it's crack-like online i would think that U2 will get more game of the year awards, except from sites that are afraid to give it to an exclusive where MW2 will be the default choice.

Modern Warfare 2

U2 is a generation ahead of MW2

Around the Network

uncharted 2

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

Pipedream24 said:
They're both awesome games and anyone saying either one is crap should be ashamed. The only shame is both of these games being released so close to each other.

someone can't prefer a game over another?

Wow everyone on my friends  list is mw2! (11) this game is gonna sell 3million week one on ps3 alone, emagine 360.

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

Its a little early to tell isnt it? MW2 just came out today... I dont care if you played it for 10 hours. That isnt enough time to judge a game like this. The only people that answer this are people that already made up their mind before playing it. DUMB THREAD!

killuminiti said:
Pipedream24 said:
They're both awesome games and anyone saying either one is crap should be ashamed. The only shame is both of these games being released so close to each other.

someone can't prefer a game over another?

Wow everyone on my friends  list is mw2! (11) this game is gonna sell 3million week one on ps3 alone, emagine 360.

Where did I say that you can't prefer one over the other?  Some of the first comments saying either one sucked are just unecessary.  They are a couple of the best games released not only this year, but this generation.  Enjoy them...Don't hate on them.

mw2. havne't played either yet, but based on mw and uncharted 1. i liked mw more. uncharted was clunky controls, too linear of story (all fps are too, but they have online) and not a big fan of 3rd person shooters.

so don't give a shit if uncharted 2 had best graphics, best story, less linear, improved controls. I still wlould prefer MW2 over it. Hell i hear the praise over uncharted 1's story and i had to trudge trhough that, barely finished due to boredom. i didn't really care for MW story either, but it has the online factor so it wins.