By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAME OF THE YEAR; Uncharted 2 or Modern Warfare 2

I'd give modern warfare 8.4 out of 10, hype without much substance. Theres a fair few games that should be considered for game of the year above modern warfare but xbox teenys would go into meltdown if it doesnt get it.

Around the Network

uncharted 2 , MW2 single player sucks.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

FPS > everything else.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Uncharted 2

But my vote is biased because i always prefer 3rd person games to 1st person

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Pipedream24 said:
killuminiti said:
Pipedream24 said:
They're both awesome games and anyone saying either one is crap should be ashamed. The only shame is both of these games being released so close to each other.

someone can't prefer a game over another?

Wow everyone on my friends  list is mw2! (11) this game is gonna sell 3million week one on ps3 alone, emagine 360.

Where did I say that you can't prefer one over the other?  Some of the first comments saying either one sucked are just unecessary.  They are a couple of the best games released not only this year, but this generation.  Enjoy them...Don't hate on them.

O, didn't read your entire comment

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

Around the Network

I have yet to play MW2 so I'll wait before pointing a winner but MW2 will have to be very good to beat Uncharted 2.

i have played them both extensively, i must say that uncharted 2 wins by only a little bit....The multiplayer on MW2 is the best in town....the single player wasnted all too amazing though...i go by the ratios...you see, in my book U2 online gets an 9 while MW2 gets 10, in single player uncharted gets a 10 while Mw2 gets a 7.5 or so...reason being is that uncharted 2 single player is close to perfect....the acting, the visuals, the persentation, its just on another level....while multiplayer is still damn good and has plenty of unlocks....so uncharted 2 better win goty, or else >_>....and no im not being biased at all, i love modern warfare (probably going to be playing it till the end of next year) but uncharted is the better overall game and deserves goty

Modern Warfare 2 for two reasons

1) Because I don't own a PS3

2) Because Gametrailers said so.

All kidding aside I'd probably go Uncharted 2 from what I've seen/heard.

It's just that simple.

uncharted 2, but mw2 is epic, but uncharted2, deserves it

Both are brilliant, i'm getting sick of all the hate for mw2 though, but i guess there are enough x360 mw2 fanboys out there to compensate.

MW2 = short story that doesn't explain itself well but intense and fun, awesome co-op spec-ops mode, fantastic mp.

Uncharted 2 = Good story, great cut-scenes and decent length, amazing graphics, super polished, mp is lacking and no offline co-op.

It's a really tough one, i honestly expect game sites decisions to be split between these two...

For me personally though i say Uncharted 2 as i don't play much multiplayer on console's, and i still honestly believe no fps has yet to top counter strike on multiplayer.