By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAME OF THE YEAR; Uncharted 2 or Modern Warfare 2

Uncharted 2

Why not MW2? One word, Activision.

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 by a country mile for me. To me:

MW2 SP is fun but disjointed, bonkers in concept and ulitmately nothing but an excuse for some action scenes
MW2 MP is fun but doesn't feel different enough (at least so far although my view might change) from MW, I also find the player count small for a combat experience title, I've never felt the low player count suited CoD style much - coop is fun but hasn't clicked for me

U2 SP is fun, varied, focused and works well in concept, providing some amazing action scenes but delivery far, far more depth and the voice work and script is far superior
U2 MP is fun and the player count suits the gameplay type, plus the coop is awesome and I prefer this kind of coop to comptetitive MP
U2 is a huge leap from the first. Uncharted was a solid 88% title sitting on an amazing engine, U2 is a 96/97% title sitting on an utterly amazing engine.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Judging by single player experience, Uncharted 2 > ... > ......... > .................................... > MW2. Well not really, but unlike Uncharted, Modern Warfare story seems to be built around mission ideas which don't connect too well to keep the story fluid and involving.

Both games have great OHMYGOD moments, yet Uncharted is still ahead (because of that incredible pacing). While playing Uncharted, I had problem putting the controller out of my hand and was glued to the screen, eager to try out what's comming next. In MW2, it felt like oh that was great, now another mission or should I go watch tv / wash dishes / take out garbage.

MW2 is a great game, highly polished, but it's lacking soul, feels like higly advanced lifeless construct. On the other hand Uncharted is like living organism that will slowly (yet quickly!) sucks you in and alienate you, you'll feel home.

IMO

/sarcasm warning

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

MW2's multiplayer is just sick. It's the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. The single palyer is decent but I was hoping for a little bit more.

Uncharted has a great story mode but the mutliplayer is no where near is as addictive as MW2.

It's like comparing apples and oranges...it all depends on what i'm in the mood for.

But I see myself playing MW2 for months, I can't say the same for UC2. So for that reason I give my vote for MW2.

Uncharted 2.

Because it is a new franchise and deserve this.

Around the Network

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

=]

CoD:MW2 FTW!

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

MW2 ftw
MW2 is the best game this gen

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

shinyuhadouken said:
FPS > everything else.

are u kidding me? FPS are fun but thats it,there isnt a FPS like the best game of all times

eggs2see said:
Both are brilliant, i'm getting sick of all the hate for mw2 though, but i guess there are enough x360 mw2 fanboys out there to compensate.

MW2 = short story that doesn't explain itself well but intense and fun, awesome co-op spec-ops mode, fantastic mp.

Uncharted 2 = Good story, great cut-scenes and decent length, amazing graphics, super polished, mp is lacking and no offline co-op.

It's a really tough one, i honestly expect game sites decisions to be split between these two...

For me personally though i say Uncharted 2 as i don't play much multiplayer on console's, and i still honestly believe no fps has yet to top counter strike on multiplayer.

boom headshot =)