By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft has sealed Sony's fate in november....

$99 360 selling more than the ps3...shocking...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Maybe they can more afford losing money on retail sales because they make up the difference with live subscriptions. If a person keeps a live subscription for 4 years, that's nearly $200, or the price of the hardware.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

So that's around 70K difference in NA in favor of the xbox ?

Others + Japan "could" cover that for the PS3

i think they will be very to each other

Very interesting week

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

2 points :

Q is it dead for the PS3 ?

Answer : no, because it is only temporary and only NA
what it does show is that the 360 sku is the only thing that can help the 360 sales since elite price drop was a non event ..

Q WHY is it boosting so well the 360 sales while similar gift card didnt really help the PS3 in the past ?

Answer : PS3 gift card were 100$ for a 400$ purchse meaning you have to bring 400$ before "getting back" 100$ (1/4 of the price). And even with the gift bonus, you still have"lost" 300$
Here, it is quite different : you only have to bring 200$ that a lot easier. And you will get with it a 100$ gift meaning you are buying a console for ... 100$ !!! The price of PS2 !

Time to Work !

When you're outselling the competition in 2 of the 3 major markets, you will outsell the competition worldwide.
Not 1 market is a big enough region to stay ahead worldwide.

I believe that with the PS3 doing so in Europe/Others and Japan. Sony will start seeing more games than the 360. Which more games equals more sales.
Japan is starting to come alive for PS3, which even more rpg's will be on their way.

Final Fantasy XIII will prove to Square that they need to be supporting PlayStation 3 much more.
Remember people the better XIII sales the better the chances are that Versus XIII stays exclusive.

Around the Network
Noobie said:
If Microsoft need to keep its XBOX price $200 below PS3 to sell more than PS3 than its a very scary position for them.. What they will do when PS3 will be for $249 n then $199... will they be giving it away for free then.

I totally agree when Sony said that console race is a marathon not a sprint.. selling even 500k at rock bottom price is not something to be proud of.

and as someone else said that it is still only America not even NA.. if PS3 meet its 13m target then i dont think Sony will worry much whether XBOX sells 10m or 20m.. they r meeting their projection well ..

Funny you should say this as last time I checked PS3 is still being sold at a loss 3 years in. Rock bottom price anyone?

OP : Don't lose hope yet. Its not like Walmart's doing the $99 Xbox 360 offer forever.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

this only shows the 360 can nev er conpete with the PS3 at the same price.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
disolitude said:
Noobie said:
If Microsoft need to keep its XBOX price $200 below PS3 to sell more than PS3 than its a very scary position for them.. What they will do when PS3 will be for $249 n then $199... will they be giving it away for free then.

I totally agree when Sony said that console race is a marathon not a sprint.. selling even 500k at rock bottom price is not something to be proud of.

and as someone else said that it is still only America not even NA.. if PS3 meet its 13m target then i dont think Sony will worry much whether XBOX sells 10m or 20m.. they r meeting their projection well ..

Funny you should say this as last time I checked PS3 is still being sold at a loss 3 years in. Rock bottom price anyone?

How long did it take for the 360 to turn profit?

only temporary.