By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft has sealed Sony's fate in november....

kber81 said:

Age - 14...  everything is clear now.

Whos 14? you are or you trying to imply something? It says your from poland, I've been there what a horrible place. Sorry , maybe it's just warsaw but what a dump.

Food out there is just nasty. I tried the pizza out there thinking maybe they wouldn't screw that up, I was wrong. I'm polish, so I'm 1/3 ripping on myself or whatever. I'm polish, german and irish. I hope one of the country's  is good.

Around the Network
spacetattoo82 said:
Icyedge said:
spacetattoo82 said:

who said I wasn't a fanboy guy?

do not care for sony, sony ps2 was a piece of ---- that they did not fix and pissed a few of us off..

M$ atleast gave a warranty, free of charge.

plus I'm pro american. so there you go.

The blue ray rant was the truth and I may sound stupid to you but no to people who are not a fanboy for sony. don't try to hide that your a total fanboy acting like you got a xbox 360.

Atleast I admit it.

usually sales means people are willing to blow there money on it, which means something in the game is good enough for x amount of people, no matter how much in the end you love the quality of a game. It comes down to sales.

Good that you rewrote your sig, you looked a lil (rediculous). Don't worry I make spelling errors to...

So let your fanboy come out guy, don't worry I got those friends too and we get along great. I just like to ripe on them, actually one I bought a xbox 360 and he never plays the ps3 anymore but for blue ray. I would say it's more to the fact that all of are friends have xbox.

just testing your knowledge, good points you give, but on the other hand you can't deny mine.

HD movies needs bigger storage, if it wouldnt have been blue-ray, it would have been something else like HD dvd. It has nothing to do about people being fanboy for sony, it has something to do about the market not being ready to download only but being willing to experience HD movies hense needing a new storage format. Dont forget that company make product to fill a consumer need, its not the way around. I never wanted to sound like I had a xbox 360, but in fact I have one because im a gamer and didnt wanted to missed on some RPGs. About spelling errors please note that I speak, french, english, spanish and not too bad in Japanese, im still taking lesson. So I could care less about doing a few spelling errors. Sales can reflect something on quality only when comparing 2 games in the same type on the same console. Take a game like valkyria chronicle on PS3 or tales of vesperia on 360. It is both really good games and reviews says the same thing, but since it is made toward a specific audience that doesnt reach as much person as an other audience like FPS, you cannot take sales to compare quality. If you compare 2 games like valkyria chronicle on the same console (same number of adopters) then it should help reflect which game is of better quality, but even tho theres still some other factors like publicity.

Another note on bigger storage, I found that it was neat to have bigger storage particularly when playing Star Ocean on 360, when doing a quest at the end (the bunny race quest) I had to switch disc each 5 minutes for 3 hours. Since I play games to relax of my working stress, I even moved the xbox on the couch so I dont have to get up each 5 minutes lol.

I do agree with the storage issue but we should have moved to downloads, you can get downloads, connect direct and use  a memory card to either share or just use your hardrive . taking one hard drive as oppose to 100 blue ray disks or even ten is easier. plus downloads you always own and can't be broken. if your hard drive breaks, buy another redownload it through your account.

Another thing is dvd didn't see blue ray coming out right in front of there faces and go ahead and come out anyway, it's like there trying to stop the future from happening.

why didn't ps3 push the envolope, put in direct connect( like psp go) and use downloads instead? doing this would have really upped M$. most likely would have put them in the led right away.

Look blueray is just a very small gap filler.

downloading is the future, why stop it.

I agree with you, download is the future. But it appear that theres a lot of consumers not ready for it yet, so in that in mind , blue-ray is not stopping anything and is necessary to fill the gap between physical HD movies and hd movies downloads. In the end I think that we both share the same idea but do not express it the same way.

I also agree with you that poland is not a neat place, the only good thing comin from there I know of is Frederic Chopin music.

ps3-sales! said:

As you can probably tell from my username and sig, I am a ps3 fan. I have all HD consoles however, so I can give a non biased statement that I'm about to say. :)

Anyway, Microsoft, unfortunatley for Sony, has defeated the playstation 3 this Novemeber. This article, http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5798,

shows that the xbox 360 has increased sales at Walmart 400%, and vghchartz is estimating about 170k in sales this week just for America. That along with the modern warfare 2 bundle, basically demollished the ps3 this november, and I don't think Sony has quite anything to fight back with.

I myself was rooting for the ps3 this holiday, I just think that it's highly unlikely.

Thoughts???

A 400% increase at one retailer chain (no matter how big) doesn't mean it'll beat the PS3 for the month, but it might in the US, it will be close but analysts have PS3 slightly ahead in the US.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Next week we have God of War Collection to keep ps3 sales consistent

if the wal-mart deal was for a single week, the i am afraid that the 360 will see a drop after this week. that 90k jump was not the normal growth for this time of year. mw2 will see barely any real rise in sales, maybe what odst saw. it is safe to say that the ps3 will be around 310k through the 14th, and i think the 360 will trail it regardless of whether or not the wal-mart sale is in effect.

art is the excrement of culture

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Tridrakious said:

Sonys Lineup AAA 2010: FFXIII Versus, Heavy Rain, GT5, M.A.G. (if it does launch in 2010), God of War 3. The Last Guardian.

Microsoft Lineup AAA 2010: Halo Reach, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell: Conviction, MECHWARRIOR, Crackdown 2.

Microsoft has seven AAA titles plus the unannounced titles from Rare which they haven't unveiled yet. Sony has 6.

I'm not overly keen on getting into list wars with you, but I will allow myself a chuckle at your expense for listing Mechwarrior as an AAA title.

Also, you neglected Agent and FFXIV from the Sony AAA list.

Oh, and you mention all these unannounced titles from Rare yet fail to acknowledge that SCEWWS will have plenty of projects under wraps for next year? Nice.

no microsoft hasent, ps3 will continue to lead in sales.

Personally I don't think X360 will beat PS3 for November/December, but it will be close enough so that Sony will not make any significant gains against Microsoft.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Has anyone commented on the Special FFXIII Lightning Edition PS3 and the Japanese FFXIII release in Japan in December THIS year? The whole supply were gone in a matter of minutes... resale price for Pre-order slips on Yahoo Japan Auction went to insane price... I was lucky to get one for a reasonable price from Yahoo Japan Auction... but still paid about 50 more than what I would of paid if i got the MSRP... >_>