By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft has sealed Sony's fate in november....

hey nightsurge, glad to know you didn't ignore me

I predicted their sales would be 265k this week and 290k next week, we'll see what happens. In the ten week thread I'm at least 45k higher than the next highest prediciton.

Around the Network
AaronSOLDIER said:
Only in America, dunno if it'll be enough for WW but even so, PS3 will likely climb back on top.

All Microsoft needs is a sales boost in America. Sony as well. WW doesn't really matter until next year when GT comes out.

theprof00 said:
hey nightsurge, glad to know you didn't ignore me

I predicted their sales would be 265k this week and 290k next week, we'll see what happens. In the ten week thread I'm at least 45k higher than the next highest prediciton.

No, I didn't ignore ya.  I ignored some other more obvious fanboys.  I think it was just some misunderstandings between us about what the other person was referring to and I was just in an all around upset mood yesterday

No worries, mate

disolitude said:
ocnkng said:
disolitude said:
psrock said:
this only shows the 360 can nev er conpete with the PS3 at the same price.

And rightfully so.

If you bundle bluray, wifi and use a biggest brand name in gaming for the last 10 years how would a lesser known product compete at same price?

So you are saying that the PS3 is a better product for the same price. Ya I agree with you. lots of people seem to think that way as well.

If you are in to bluray, wifi and Playstation brand name...PS3 is the best console ever made.

*sigh* Did I just time warp back to 2002? X-Box brand name is at least as well known as the playstation brand for years now. You're not rooting for the underdog anymore, drop the bogus brand name arguement and come join us here, a month away from 2010 and half a dacade removed from last gen.

did you forget about the $349 250GB model and the $399 bundles from Sony? Sony has not lost the battle for November yet. There are a ton of releases on both consoles that will make customers really have a hard time deciding what to get.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

this concern is way premature. so let's assume the predictions are accurate, and xbox moves 170k in america, what does that tell us?

i think what it means is that the holiday boom is finally kicking into gear. i expect we will see surges across the board for the first week of nov, and while US might be higher for the 360, i think the other two regions will see big growth for sony more so than the 360. there are many wildcards going into this holiday season. retailers are hurting and are looking to pull out all the stops to make sales. if the promotion works as well as it could, then i think they will do similar things for all the consoles. i know target has done giftcard giveaways for the ps3 before.

i think when it is all said and done the ps3 will be in the best position this christmas.

art is the excrement of culture

Also this is only at walmart stores where the sales rose 400%.

Black Friday is the true start of the holiday boom. Things are going to fly off of the shelves and people are going to get into big ticket purchasing.

i really dont care how they do this month b/c in the long run it wont last. For a majority of next year a lot of the major titles will be on PS3 and multiplats are already starting to sell better on PS3. Apart from Mass effect 2, i dont see that many titles coming next year for the 360 in fact it looks pretty dismal to say the least

reaver_x said:

i really dont care how they do this month b/c in the long run it wont last. For a majority of next year a lot of the major titles will be on PS3 and multiplats are already starting to sell better on PS3. Apart from Mass effect 2, i dont see that many titles coming next year for the 360 in fact it looks pretty dismal to say the least

Lets see next year Fable 3, Halo Reach, Crackdown 2, Mechwarrior, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake and more games will be coming out next  year. Microsofts most impressive AAA fleet will be unveiled next year. I hope they don't announce any secret games at E3 because Microsoft will definitely have the best 2010. Sony's major games next year are FFXIII Versus and GT, while Microsoft has Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2 and Fablee 3 as three power hitters.