By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft has sealed Sony's fate in november....

psrock said:
this only shows the 360 can nev er conpete with the PS3 at the same price.

There is no magic price fairy that says everything must be sold at the same price.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
psrock said:

And rightfully so.

If you bundle bluray, wifi and use a biggest brand name in gaming for the last 10 years how would a lesser known product compete at same price?

To add to what masterb8tr said, last week the PS3 outsold the XBox360 by almost 90k worldwide. This week, XBox360 sales in NA are estimated to be about 85k more than they were last week. Remember, this sale was only in NA.

In addition, the article about the XBox360 sales increasing 4 fold at Walmart mentions that XBox360 sales were 70% more than PS3 sales. This puts the PS3 at right around 100k, about the same as last week (slightly less than 100k).

So while this week's sales figures should be close, I fail to see how Microsoft sealed Sony's fate. Hell, the PS3 still has a pretty good chance of outselling the XBox360 worldwide.

Btw, I say last week/this week, meaning the week of Oct 31 and Nov 7 respectively.

disolitude said:
Noobie said:
If Microsoft need to keep its XBOX price $200 below PS3 to sell more than PS3 than its a very scary position for them.. What they will do when PS3 will be for $249 n then $199... will they be giving it away for free then.

I totally agree when Sony said that console race is a marathon not a sprint.. selling even 500k at rock bottom price is not something to be proud of.

and as someone else said that it is still only America not even NA.. if PS3 meet its 13m target then i dont think Sony will worry much whether XBOX sells 10m or 20m.. they r meeting their projection well ..

Funny you should say this as last time I checked PS3 is still being sold at a loss 3 years in. Rock bottom price anyone?

What's selling at a loss got to do with rock bottom price?

One is a factor effecting the manufacturer (selling at a loss)

The other is something influencing the buyer (rock bottom price/very low price)

They are two entirely separate things.

In your haste to prove a point you just forgot basic logic.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

disolitude said:
psrock said:

And rightfully so.

If you bundle bluray, wifi and use a biggest brand name in gaming for the last 10 years how would a lesser known product compete at same price?

So you are saying that the PS3 is a better product for the same price. Ya I agree with you. lots of people seem to think that way as well.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network
loy310 said:
disolitude said:
Noobie said:
If Microsoft need to keep its XBOX price $200 below PS3 to sell more than PS3 than its a very scary position for them.. What they will do when PS3 will be for $249 n then $199... will they be giving it away for free then.

I totally agree when Sony said that console race is a marathon not a sprint.. selling even 500k at rock bottom price is not something to be proud of.

and as someone else said that it is still only America not even NA.. if PS3 meet its 13m target then i dont think Sony will worry much whether XBOX sells 10m or 20m.. they r meeting their projection well ..

Funny you should say this as last time I checked PS3 is still being sold at a loss 3 years in. Rock bottom price anyone?

How long did it take for the 360 to turn profit?

I believe Q2 2007 was their first gaming division profit. So less than 2 years...

Xbox 1 had massive losses before so I understand when a company posts losses to gain marketshare. I'm just saying...its not very good argument saying xbox 360 is being sold for rock bottom right now since they are still posting profits.

i expect further deals like that to come, MS wont have a price drop but they will offer great deals with the arcade so they can at least outsell the P S3 in the next couple months. its the only way to compete anywa y.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
ocnkng said:
disolitude said:
psrock said:

And rightfully so.

So you are saying that the PS3 is a better product for the same price. Ya I agree with you. lots of people seem to think that way as well.

If you are in to bluray, wifi and Playstation brand name...PS3 is the best console ever made.

I think they have a good line up right now but I don't see it making a permanent impact. Wal-Mart sales for the Xbox 360 rose 400%, Modern Warfare 2 will be the biggest media launch in history and is heavily dominated on the Xbox 360, Left 4 Dead 2 comes out next week and the new Facebook/Twitter/Las.FM update is sure to follow. While this will probably all make a sales bleep I don't think it will be a sustained one.

2010 is the year for the Xbox 360 to come back. With both the strongest line up in games it has ever had and brand new hardware it has a very good shot at ousting the PS3 and possibly the Wii.

Well, I'm assuming MS decided to front the $100 gift card, etc as I see no reason for Wal*Mart to lose money pushing 360s, so MS may have decided to burn some money to keep PS3 from gaining more ground in US over holidays - or at least make it very hard for PS3.

Makes sense. Wonder whether PS3 has similar deals or not, as that could see PS3 also see a big boost.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...