By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

Maybe New Super Mario Bros. Wii - with its comparable difficulty and Super Guide - can serve as my introduction to the series proper, and allow me to go back and correct all these horrible things about my gaming life.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Looks like a port of the DS game combined with stealing LBP's idea of simulatenous multiplayer and throwing some Yoshis in to make it not that obvious.

I can't wati either Rol! *Hi-5's*

RolStoppable said:
Looks like a port of the DS game combined with stealing LBP's idea of simulatenous multiplayer and throwing some Yoshis in to make it not that obvious.

It's like Animal Crossing all over again!

Khuutra said:
You know I've never beaten the original Super Mario Bros.? It's actually my greatest shame!

What?  DO it RIGHT NOW.  It can be done in under 6 minutes without a mushroom.  If you get fireballs and take your time, you can still warp to 4 and then warp to 8 and beat the whole game in under 10-15 minutes.

If we had some sort of webcam chat, I could teach you how to beat the first level blindfolded by jumping to the music!!!

But seriously, get on that.  Just get fireballs in World 1 or 4 and then warp to World 8, and go through World 8 really really slowly.  You can take out all the Hammer Bros. with fireballs so the only things you have to worry about are Bullet Bills and a few tricky jumps.  And if you want to know how to solve the maze in 8-4, the secret is you only go in the first pipe after each lava pit.  Any time you jump over lava, the first pipe is the one you go into.

RolStoppable said:

As far as I know, this game is only the 4th 2-D platformer to have 4-player co-op.  I have no idea why there aren't more games like this.  They're so damn fun, even when they're bad games.  It's been done on the NES, XBLA, PS3, and now finally the king is coming home and taking the genre.

It's funny how LBP gets the credit though, according to some wackos.

Does anybody know of any more 2-D platformers with 4-player co-op?  We discussed this in an older thread, and I only knew of A Nightmare on Elm Street for NES, and then we found this game on XBLA and I forgot the name of it.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
RolStoppable said:

As far as I know, this game is only the 4th 2-D platformer to have 4-player co-op.  I have no idea why there aren't more games like this.  They're so damn fun, even when they're bad games.  It's been done on the NES, XBLA, PS3, and now finally the king is coming home and taking the genre.

It's funny how LBP gets the credit though, according to some wackos.

Does anybody know of any more 2-D platformers with 4-player co-op?  We discussed this in an older thread, and I only knew of A Nightmare on Elm Street for NES, and then we found this game on XBLA and I forgot the name of it.

Cocoto Platform Jumper? Ooh! Bubble Bobble Plus!

'S all I got.

ngamer gave it 85

retroking1981 said:
ngamer gave it 85

Gracias!

Oh... *ahem*

Add me to the hype list NoName!

(I do it in all of his official game threads, don't worry about it )

EDIT:

So far we have...

NoName: Iggy
Smeags: Ludwig
RolStoppable: Lemmy

Who will be next?

NOW the thread's complete!