By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

All right. I tell you what.

I will buy NSMBWii when I can beat SMB and SMB3. There. That's my goal.

Guess I better get to practicing.

Around the Network

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr you can practice with your wife on NSMBWii, which has an in-built system to help people, while also stretching those gaming muscles!

noname2200 said:
Orrrrrrrrrrrrr you can practice with your wife on NSMBWii, which has an in-built system to help people, while also stretching those gaming muscles!

Why should I trust you, you're like the first boss fight

OMG WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE NSMB WII AVATARS!!!!!!

________

anyway

THIS IS MY SPIRITUAL SUCESSOR to Super Mario wOrld (my fav platformer & fav mario game)

CAn'T WAIT
pre-ordered the UK Tin Edition that WE get & you people in USA don't muwhahaha!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

Why should I trust you, you're like the first boss fight

You mean a total pushover that exists solely to boost your confidence with the knowledge that yes, you can do this?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

SMB1 has continues.  Can you get to world 8, either with warps or without?  If you can get to world 8, you can get a mushroom in 8-1 and then get fireballs in 8-2.  Then it's a piece of cake.  The hard part will be surviving 8-1 and 8-2 until you get the fireballs.  But the game has continues, so you can go back to 8-1 and start small an unlimited amount of times.

SMB3 probably has a harder world 8, but tighter controls and tons and tons and tons of power-ups.  SMB3 is easier to beat without warps, because you accumulate tons of power-ups throughout the whole game.  But a speedrun of that takes about 3 times as long as a speedrun of SMB1.  But I blame that on the tank and boat levels that you can't just whiz through, and the time wasted on the map.

If I had a way to transfer VHS to YouTube, I could upload videos of myself beating these games, and give you a personally-crafted Super Guide!

noname2200 said:

You mean a total pushover that exists solely to boost your confidence with the knowledge that yes, you can do this?

....You win this round.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Khuutra said:

SMB1 has continues.  Can you get to world 8, either with warps or without?  If you can get to world 8, you can get a mushroom in 8-1 and then get fireballs in 8-2.  Then it's a piece of cake.  The hard part will be surviving 8-1 and 8-2 until you get the fireballs.  But the game has continues, so you can go back to 8-1 and start small an unlimited amount of times.

SMB3 probably has a harder world 8, but tighter controls and tons and tons and tons of power-ups.  SMB3 is easier to beat without warps, because you accumulate tons of power-ups throughout the whole game.  But a speedrun of that takes about 3 times as long as a speedrun of SMB1.  But I blame that on the tank and boat levels that you can't just whiz through, and the time wasted on the map.

If I had a way to transfer VHS to YouTube, I could upload videos of myself beating these games, and give you a personally-crafted Super Guide!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/97624/digital_focus_convert_vhs_tapes_to_dvds.html

Super Mario Bros... ...has.... continues?

Freakin'

What

Khuutra said:
Super Mario Bros... ...has.... continues?

Freakin'

What

I forget which button it is, probably A (so 2 on a Wii remote?).  But any time you get a game over, and go back to the main scree, you hold it in while you press start.  You start over at the first level of the world you died in.

G-d damn your avatar has badass attitude.  The rest of us are partying, and you're mad as hell.  I love it.