By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA:LCS (PSP) Week 210 >> GTA:CTW (PSP) Week 2.....WHAT!! WHY!!

It is supposed to have much better graphics than the DS version.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Smeags said:
Speaking of GTA, both Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories are part of PSP's top 10 selling games for 2009 (LCS at #7 with 383,000 and VCS at #10 with 332,000). I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

WOW....thats AMAZING

but it shows one thing

maybe PSP just doesn't have compelling software people wanna buy

as GTA:LCS & VCS are stills elling reasonably well, while we blame piracy for the sales of new PSP games

I am just very confused

I think piracy's too often used as a scapegoat.  Same thing happened with Dreamcast imo.

DS piracy is just as if not more rampant than PSP, yet it has great selling titles consistently.  Same was true for PS2, PS1 and Wii really.

It also depends on the popular titles being released and who they're target audience is.

Chains of Olympus was the biggest PSP game last year. The target audience seems far more likely to pirate that title over most of the big DS titles.

That seems a pretty hard claim to make, I'm not sure how you could really prove it one way or the other.  Most R4 cards are sold to moms for their kids, DS piracy is basically mainstream.  It's almost like PS1 piracy, chipped PlayStations were ubiquitous in the late 90s.   And you can bet PS1 games were more pirated than Saturn, N64 or Dreamcast.

outlawauron said:

It also depends on the popular titles being released and who they're target audience is.

Chains of Olympus was the biggest PSP game last year. The target audience seems far more likely to pirate that title over most of the big DS titles.

Moral of the story - don't cater to audience that has ability and knowledge to pirate and aren't fully independent financially, but sell games to computer retarded who have well paid jobs =)

mai said:

outlawauron said:

Moral of the story - don't cater to audience that has ability and knowledge to pirate and aren't fully independent financially, but sell games to computer retarded who have well paid jobs =)

lol, I'm not necesarrily saying that.

I'm certain that Final Fantasy IV DS is more likely to get pirated than Brain Training or Nintendogs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The old GTA games are currently at a mass market price of $20. It is no surprise that they are selling better when you consider that most of the "actively buying" PSP userbase is going to be quite mainstream. I doubt it would have much to do with 3D or not considering the big GTA fans would buy it because of rave reviews and the majoritarian mainstream would buy it because of it having GTA in the name. Meaning it's obviously something else and I'd say price is one of the main factors.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
mai said:

outlawauron said:

lol, I'm not necesarrily saying that.

I'm certain that Final Fantasy IV DS is more likely to get pirated than Brain Training or Nintendogs.

Go check torrents, and you'll find that's not really the case.  Again, DS piracy is mainstream and actually easier to do than any other platform (buy a card and download games, no hardware mods, no firmware flashing).  It's not limited to "core gamers".

Ils auraient du faire un inédit et en 3D comme VCS et LCS

looks like DS limitations really hurt the game.

going retro in gameplay made the PSP version sell either, even with "improved" graphics.

though if the DS version was 3D probably would have sold better, and later remade better than the currect one too.

It's selling around 1/5th of what the DS version sold. So it'll get around 150k worldwide, going on that logic.

They'll probably profit from it, but not that much.

This is invisible text!

@killergran

???

this game couldn't have cost more than 5 million

it'll get profits after selling 200K I think

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey