By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA:LCS (PSP) Week 210 >> GTA:CTW (PSP) Week 2.....WHAT!! WHY!!

With any luck Rockstar will realize what this means. GTA:CTW did not flop because of demographic. 2D GTAs just aren't that popular. They had a fanbase a decade ago, but that is long gone with the slew of 3D GTAs. On top of that, the newer fans probably wouldn't like the dramatically different style.

This probably means they shouldn't bother with another DS GTA though. Unless they can make it work in 3D the game is destined to under-perform.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Leeds should just do San Andreas Stories for PSP/Wii next year.

I think CTW would do well as an XBLA/PSN game though.

Well the thing is that they went for the easy money. THey could have kept the Story and minigames, but could also change the perspective to 3d. The game would certainly be selling more than is now. If the quality remained, it could be the best selling GTA game in Handhelds, but top down is no-Go, it seems.
One question that remains is: could a 3d GTA be made for the DS?

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

aavidbacon said:
One question that remains is: could a 3d GTA be made for the DS?

I played C.O.P: The Recruit and it's a very good game. It's not a 3D GTA but it's exactly like Driver 2. The three islands are big and beautiful (I can't say the same thing for the vehicles but there is a lot of citzens, vehicles and other things going on the screen, very impressive). If Ubisoft (or whatever developer made it) can make this game, Rockstar can make an excellent 3D GTA for the DS.

Advertising? Was the 1000 commercials on TV that I saw not good enough?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Speaking of GTA, both Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories are part of PSP's top 10 selling games for 2009 (LCS at #7 with 383,000 and VCS at #10 with 332,000). I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

WOW....thats AMAZING

but it shows one thing

maybe PSP just doesn't have compelling software people wanna buy

as GTA:LCS & VCS are stills elling reasonably well, while we blame piracy for the sales of new PSP games

I am just very confused

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Even tho its port,it has got great reviews.
But like many reviewers said, don't let the 2d stuff think that it sucks...But dam It looks boring!
I'm not gonna buy it on PSP.
Might buy it for Ds.

Take my love, take my land..

darthdevidem01 said:
Smeags said:
Speaking of GTA, both Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories are part of PSP's top 10 selling games for 2009 (LCS at #7 with 383,000 and VCS at #10 with 332,000). I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

WOW....thats AMAZING

but it shows one thing

as GTA:LCS & VCS are stills elling reasonably well, while we blame piracy for the sales of new PSP games

I am just very confused

A lot of it has to do with the pricing structure. Paying $40 for a PSP is just ridiculous to me and to the parents buying their kids PSP games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

darthdevidem01 said:
Smeags said:

WOW....thats AMAZING

but it shows one thing

I am just very confused

I think piracy's too often used as a scapegoat.  Same thing happened with Dreamcast imo.

DS piracy is just as if not more rampant than PSP, yet it has great selling titles consistently.  Same was true for PS2, PS1 and Wii really.

jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Smeags said:

WOW....thats AMAZING

but it shows one thing

I am just very confused

I think piracy's too often used as a scapegoat.  Same thing happened with Dreamcast imo.

DS piracy is just as if not more rampant than PSP, yet it has great selling titles consistently.  Same was true for PS2, PS1 and Wii really.

It also depends on the popular titles being released and who they're target audience is.

Chains of Olympus was the biggest PSP game last year. The target audience seems far more likely to pirate that title over most of the big DS titles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.