By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac on creating a non-Sony game O_O

They have said it before, but i don't think it's neccesary for them to go multiplat. Their established on Sony, and have a great relationship with them as well. As for next generation...i don't see it either, but it'd be a good time to start if any.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network

Unlikely this gen. They've invested in PS3 specific code and engine and are leveraging it across Resistance and R&C franchise currently. While of course the option is there, and I suspect they were disappointed in R2 sales, I can't imagine them undertaking the cost effort to shift their current tech from the PS3 and do so while risking a new ip on another platform.

Next gen? Who knows - but I'd be very surprised to see then touch anything other than PS3 this gen.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Any reason why they can't release a game on a nonPS console?

are they First party? Second party?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Same as Bungie. They are independent now. Does it mean they will stop making Halo and make games for other platforms. Maybe, but not in the near future.

CGI-Quality said:

Insomniac should go all out to impress gamers across the platforms.

That be real stupid of them, making more multi plat crap would benefit no one and would alianate all their fanbase since its all on PS.

Then there is the risk factor they are no longer backed and funded by Sony, they will no longer have one of the titles Sony always pushes at all the game shows. 

Honestly it be the worst business decision they could make. 

Around the Network

how many devs already said this line ?

"Never Say Never"

its another way of saying,"if all else fails , im gonna do it!"

Naum said:

Nothing but their relationship with Sony. They could start work on a 360-Wii multiplat tomorrow.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Naum said:

Nothing but their relationship with Sony. They could start work on a 360-Wii multiplat tomorrow.

Or they might have started on it yesterday

OT: Already known and obvious.

Yet again i'm left scratching my head at these silly articles.

1. The Resistance, Ratchet ip's are owned by Sony.

2. What is the significance of them going multi-plat?. If they did Sony would just hire/set up a new dev studio to make those games.

3. Can anyone help me with why this nonsense is so newsworthy?.

Kantor said:
Naum said:

You mean business relationship. Which would be an exclusive one.