By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac on creating a non-Sony game O_O

ShadowSoldier said:
DaBuddahN said:
I think Sony would sweep in and buy them before letting them go multiplat.

That makes no sense since it was Sony who let them go from being a 1st party developer to a 2nd party one. 

OP: I don't see it happening. I mean isnt it Sony who funds and publishes all of their games? Really unless the relationship between IG and Sony dissolves then expect them to stick around for a while. 

Sony never owned them. They were always second party. Naughty Dog were also second party once before being bought by Sony.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

i thought they were owned by sony. is there are studios not owned by sony who make ps3 exclusives beside insomnaic.

elticker said:
i thought they were owned by sony. is there are studios not owned by sony who make ps3 exclusives beside insomnaic.

From Software. Level-5. Just a couple of examples.

CGI-Quality said:
silicon said:
maybe resistance will go multiplat since x360 seems to be a better fps market

Nope. Sony owned IP.

oops! I didn't realize

Maybe they're talking about SONY Wand / Wii stuff then. Not really sure why they would say that unless they were pushed in an interview, and the person they were asking wanted people to know they are independant.

huaxiong90 said:
elticker said:

From Software and Level 5 both make non-PlayStation games. A better example is Sucker Punch.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
huaxiong90 said:
elticker said:

From Software and Level 5 both make non-PlayStation games. A better example is Sucker Punch.

They are examples, but indeed, Sucker Punch is a better example.

ShadowSoldier said:
DaBuddahN said:

That makes no sense since it was Sony who let them go from being a 1st party developer to a 2nd party one. 

OP: I don't see it happening. I mean isnt it Sony who funds and publishes all of their games? Really unless the relationship between IG and Sony dissolves then expect them to stick around for a while. 

Oh, I was not aware of this. Anyways, I don't see this happening any time soon.

DaBuddahN said:
ShadowSoldier said:
DaBuddahN said:

Oh, I was not aware of this. Anyways, I don't see this happening any time soon.

He's wrong. They were never 1st party.

Maybe they are going to compete with Mario. On Mario Territory!!! Seriously, that would be an Epic.
But...will probably not happen...sigh.

Yeah they said it before.