By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry (Eurogamer) - GT5P vs Forza 3 Tech analysis.

Yeah, with silver you can only access the Leaderboards, all other options, like the Storefront and uploading pics to the servers can only be done via gold x.x

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Europe is GT Biased,so im not surprised.

No Europe just has more automotive intellignece, thus its only logical they pick Gran Turismo. 

on the tech view
F3 runs 1280x720p 60fps Msx2

but GT5P does 720p 60fps Msx4. 1080p 60fps with msx2, and have more impressive lighting, transparency and shaders overall with more cars.

on paper imo some screenshots forza 3 cars look like they have better shaders, the thing it's lighting it's not as impressive, and not all car are like make if christmas three accesory glass.

turn 10 its implementing things like facebook features , sell cars online. etc

though such features being worked on GT5, with GT world plaza, on top of that WRC and nascar, with weather and damage support, not premaid models, but a full deformation engine.

here is forza 2, no lighthing at all.

here is forza 3, lighting implemented, shaders take hit, but to make it look more realistic, still not as advance as GT5P

GT5P does look nice and probably edges the graphical battle.

However GT will not be able to match the physics models and sample rates used in Forza 3 given the nature of the Cell chip.

I guess you should go with what is more important to you. Eye Candy or Accurate Simulation.

Cypher1980 said:

However GT will not be able to match the physics models and sample rates used in Forza 3 given the nature of the Cell chip.

I guess you should go with what is more important to you. Eye Candy or Accurate Simulation.

i beg to differ, kz2 managed to do it. it even have physics/full/particle / lighting using deferred rendering. all this using the cell cpu, which is a more impressive cpu.

Around the Network
Cypher1980 said:

Riiiiiight, because GT5 released and we know what the final damage is like, eh?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Ok. I dont see it at all. But each to there own. FM3 is easily the better technical game. It has much more trackside detail and much better textures. GT5P has better lighitng ( which lends itself to look real ) but once you take your eyes off the cars, it's abundantly apparant it's missing alot. After playing Suzuka on both FM3 definately has the tech win fairly easily. It's apparant coming down the home straight for one. The horizon in FM3 is modelled with city etc ( as it is in real life ) whereas GT5P has nothing. The ferris wheel in FM3 is animated and working. It isn't in GT5P. Coming out of the s bends and up the hill. To the left through the wall theres nothing modelled in GT5P, just a white background. In FM3 theres caravans trees and a horizon. trees are 2d in GT5P. FM3's are fully modelled. The list can go on.

JaggedSac said:

Forza 3 looks pretty good to me.

If this is what forza 3 looks like (retail version) then I'm guessing the demo is the final thing graphics wise.

mM

^^Pretty sure it is, yes.

Just read the full article. And to be honest like i said before(i got banned for saying this by the way)

I dont see much of a difference between forza 2 and 3.

GT5p is just beautiful

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st