By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Five years of the DS - Which have been your Favorite Games?

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
getsallad said:

DS being the best system for RPGs? Oh, sure, let's forget about SNES, PSX and PS2 (among others) for a while, then. Gee...

Anyways, there aren't many DS games that have left a lasting impression on me, but here we go:

1. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Probably my favorite DS game ever. Incredible gameplay, and actual difficulty.

2. SaGa 2: Hihou Densetsu
The old classic Final Fantasy Legend 2 reborn. Incredible. Love it, love the series. 

For this gen, the DS is the best system for RPGs.

No question about that, the competition doesn't even come close.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

1. Phoenix Wright Trilogy

2. Dragon Quest 5

3. Chrono Trigger

4. Dragon Quest 4

5. The World Ends With You

6. Disgaea DS

7. Suikoden Tierkreis

8. Final Fantasy 4

9. Fire Emblem DS

10. Professor Layton

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

puffy said:
No Henry Hatsworth love :( That game is absolutely fantastic

I like Henry Hatsworth. It's just not top 5 for me.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

1. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - probably the best new game to come out in the last 5 years on any system.
2. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
3. New Super Mario Bros.
4. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
5. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

1. Mario Kart DS - The definitive Mario Kart game, lots of great levels, solid online system. Only beaten by Mario Kart 64, which I still consider the standard by which Mario Kart games should be measured.

2. NSMB - Not the greatest 2-D Mario platformer, but hell, it's still a 2-D Mario platformer, and one that was long overdue, and a great Mario game.

3. Scribblenauts - This game is very creative and really shows off the potential of the DS touchscreen. Very addictive gameplay, since I'm always trying to come up with crazy new objects to interact with in the game.

4. Yoshi's Island DS - Like 2-D Mario games, the nostalgia facotr is huge for me on this one. Yoshi's Island was one of my favorite games on SNES, and even though this one doesn't quite live up to that game, it's still a great game on its own merit and allows for many hours of gameplay, especially if you want to go for all the collectibles. Though a little unnecessarily difficult at times, but still a solid Yoshi's Island experience overall.

5. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Was never the biggest Castlevania fan, but this is the game that has made me want to go back and play the old games that I missed out on. I like the RPG elements mixed in with the fun addictive side scrolling hack and slash gameplay.

Around the Network

Rhythm Heaven, but I'm sure there were others (Mario Kart DS maybe).

Pokemon Platnum
AC:WW
SM64

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

1.- Jump Ultimate Stars
2.- Pokemon Platinum
3.- Mario Kart DS
4.- New Super Mario Bros
5.- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Just 5 games??!?!!!!?! is almost impossible

Ok, There are a lot of good games for DS but I'm going to mention games that doesn't have the recognition they deserve. So don't expect Nintendo or Square games here

Soul Bubbles - great levels design, great music, very original and adictive

Henry Hatsworth and the puxxling adventure - fun, original and well resolved

Hotel Dusk; room 215 - carisma, mystery, great screenplay and some great puzzles

The world ends with you - a modern rpg that absolutley works!

Elite beat agents - crazy, fun and great music.

Honorable mentions: Time Hollow, Suikoden DS, Polarium, Dementium, Moon, Scribblenauts, GTA, Chinatown wars, Electropankton, Ninja Gaiden, Ace of Attorney.