By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Five years of the DS - Which have been your Favorite Games?

1. New Super Mario Bros.

2. Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure

3. Mario Kart DS

4. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

5. GTA: Chinatown Wars

Around the Network

I feel like I'm disrespecting my DS library by only naming five, but here we go:

1. Advance Wars-Dual Strike
2. Brain Age-Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
3. Hotel Dusk: Room 215
4. N+
5. Rittai Picross

I actually think Disgaea DS is the best game on the platform, or might be right under Advance Wars, but I'm striking it from contention since I mainly played it on the PSP and not the DS.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I bought the DS because I wanted to play some RPGs. Unfortunately I realize I don't care for DS RPGs.

Hopefully Phantasy Star Zero will be good. That's my last hope at having an enjoyable DS game.

Boneitis said:
I bought the DS because I wanted to play some RPGs. Unfortunately I realize I don't care for DS RPGs.

Hopefully Phantasy Star Zero will be good. That's my last hope at having an enjoyable DS game.

What do you mean? What RPGs do you enjoy? It would seem to me with the DS being a cross between 16 and 32 bit generation in content, it would have the best RPGs for anyone so long as you didn't start playing the genre last generation.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart
Final Fantasy IV
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
GTA: Chinatown wars

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Boneitis said:

What do you mean? What RPGs do you enjoy? It would seem to me with the DS being a cross between 16 and 32 bit generation in content, it would have the best RPGs for anyone so long as you didn't start playing the genre last generation.

The only 16-bit RPGs I've really enjoyed are Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger. My favorite JRPGs on the PS1 were FF7 and Grandia. I'm not the biggest JRPG fan, but I was hoping to find something I genuinely enjoy. Although I did complete Final Fantasy 1 & 2 on my DS. That was fun.

1) Pokemon Pearl

2)AdvanceWars: Days of Ruin

3)New Super Mario Bros

4)Animal Crossing Wild World

5) MarioPartyDS

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

1. Trace Memory
2. Hotel Dusk Room 215
3. Final Fantasy Tactics A2
4. Sonic Rush
5. The Dark Spire

OMG, 1 and 2 are in my top games of all time ... i LOVE ' CING ' ...

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

1. Pokemon diamond
2. Kingdom hearts 358/2 days
3. Elite beat agents
4. Kirby canvas curse
5. Mario kart ds

I can't believe hard it was to make that list! There are just so many good games for it!

Boneitis said:

The DS is pretty much the best system for RPGs.  From Dragon Quest and Pokemon to Final Fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei to Fire Emblem and Luminous Arc.  If you are looking for RPGs...you pretty much just have to make the effort to look for them.

I suggest playing the Dragon Quest titles.  They're all good.  Though I can't account for the localization of Dragon Quest IV...

Six upcoming games you should look into: