By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The TEN WEEK countdown - begins now!

In fact leo...would you like to put some numbers down for what you think it will sell on each of the remaining 4 weeks?
I mean Japan is only going to go up each week, you have in fact acknowledged that yourself by saying both Wii and PS3 will be going up in coming weeks (and both being close to each other of all things)

so if Japan is going to keep increasing, why exactly is the WW total each week going to average less than 400k? are the sales in both Europe and the Americas going to drop dramatically? or are they going to level in Europe but sell zero consoles from now till January in USA?

Around the Network
Wojtas said:
^Drop the ball? No rather, they will still have it in their hands, just not high enough to make that awesome dunk.

For John Lucas to be right, Nintendo has to up production to 3.33 million units a month as of this month.  It won't happen, the most they'd up production to is 2.8 million to match the DS's production numbers.  Which will bring in a grand total of 53 million consoles by December 31st.  Still way under 60 million and that's only if they upped production to 2.8 million as of right now.  So...  1.8 million is what we know to expect.  Which will give us 42 million consoles by Dec 31st next year.  

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

leo always dissapears when i reply to him.

Well I guess there's no way the Wii have sold 20million units by the end of the year if it keeps selling like that, it needs more than one million units sold per week to reach that goal and this week's numbers are on the 600-700thousand levels.

Unless it is true that nintendo has a lot of wiis stockpiled for this holiday season there will be no 20million wiis sold, but for the end of the fiscal year it will reach that goal easily.

The Wii has a good chance to reach 18.5million units sold. But more than that, if japenese people don't buy more wiis and if US don't get more supply I don't thinkg it'll reach 20million, I want it to reach the goal, I just don't see it very probable.

Around the Network

Wow, the Wii is doing a lot better than I thought. I thought it would go down this week. But it was up a little bit.

Yodtewi said:
Damn... I'm late, but I'll still add my predictions.

Wii: 19.6 Million

360: 16.6 Million

PS3: 7.6 Million

Your underestimating the PS3....Its increasing faster in Europe than the 360, falling slower in NA, and actually has a chance in Japan.

And you are WAY overestimating the 360, lol. It has 4 weeks to sell 2  over million units? And somehow the PS3 will drop from selling 300,000 per week? 

At 350,000 a week average that puts it over the 8million mark.  The PS3 is also the only title that has any important titles left, except Lost Oddessy. But LO has to go up against GT5P and Wii Fit, so LOL at that. Singstar PS3 will be released in Europe. UT3 is coming out for PS3 next week.

If the Xbox can get over 16 million, the PS3 will easily do 8.5million.

Jandre02 said:
Yodtewi said:
Damn... I'm late, but I'll still add my predictions.

Wii: 19.6 Million

360: 16.6 Million

PS3: 7.6 Million

Your underestimating the PS3....Its increasing faster in Europe than the 360, falling slower in NA, and actually has a chance in Japan.

And you are WAY overestimating the 360, lol. It has 4 weeks to sell 2  over million units? And somehow the PS3 will drop from selling 300,000 per week? 

At 350,000 a week average that puts it over the 8million mark.  The PS3 is also the only title that has any important titles left, except Lost Oddessy. But LO has to go up against GT5P and Wii Fit, so LOL at that. Singstar PS3 will be released in Europe. UT3 is coming out for PS3 next week.

If the Xbox can get over 16 million, the PS3 will easily do 8.5million.

The Xbox360 will easily sell 2 million in 4 weeks.

The PS3 is definitely going to finish somewhere around the 9 million mark, though.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

^ really, i would guess just short of 16m for 360, and over 8m for PS3.

so;
Wii-19.3m
360-15.9m
PS3-8.3m

+1 for TWRoO

Time to Work !