By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The TEN WEEK countdown - begins now!

Well it looks like all 3 of you guys will be very close in the end. Good job!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

All weeks have been adjusted upward more except last week which went down by 5k.

I really wish I had done my own numbers now instead of copying Zucas.... I think i could have been closer overall [though i would still have lost weeks 2,3 and 5 and 8 too [i didn't expect USA to fall like that]

like I said i predicted 6 million for November+December [last 9 weeks] so for the 10 weeks my total should have been 6.1-6.2mil.

TWRoO said:
No# / Week ending Actual numbers  Shams Zucas

TWRoO

#1 / ending 27th Oct

#2 / ending 3rd Nov

#3 / ending 10th Nov

#4 / ending 17th Nov

#5 / ending 24th Nov

#6 / ending 1st Dec

#7 / ending 8th Dec

#8 / ending 15th Dec

#9 / ending 22nd Dec

#10/ ending 29th Dec

-

Total

-

(why i lowered the total from Zucas' i don't know...i have always thought 6M over Nov/Dec [this includes a week in Oct too].. oh and originally Zucas put a total of 6M but the weekly numbers didn't add up....so i corrected it)

Just one week left.

Total consoles sold so far = 5,527,458  (or 5527k... more than Shams total already, and close behind me and Zucas)

Shams = 1337k under (isn't that a term for "leet speak" btw?)
Zucas = 427k under
TWRoO = 652k under

The last week i have absolutely no idea what will happen anymore, Japan is simple enough, there should be an increase there, so that will be at least 250k, Europe will suffer a drop, but if UK and France had a shipment of Wii last weekend (sales not included in the w/ending 22nd) it may be a smaller drop than I suspect (it will be above 100k, but could be as high as 250k)
The Americas should see the largest drop in both percentage and numbers, and may fall below 200k.... but again there may have been a shipment (or maybe store stockpiling) that mean the 23rd and 24th had more huge sales, so it might be as high as 400k.

I think Zucas number for the last week is about the minumum that should sell, but it may be as high as 950k (my best guess at the moment would be 750k)

I will b pleasantly, yet thoroughly, shocked if it sells 750k next week...that sounds ungodly high for the last week of the year to me....but stranger things have happened I suppose.

To Each Man, Responsibility

This weeks numbers are insane - 1.5m sales in ONE week (for context, that's 10% of the 360 total lifetime sales, and almost 20% of the PS3 lifetime sales!).

I obviously stuffed up my predictions for the last 2 weeks (should be swapped), and then its still undertracked.

It won't hit 20m next week - but now has a serious chance of doing so within 2 weeks - which is still technically close enough to "end '07" to give JL the win!

I will have undertracked (overall) by around 1m.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

YOU ARE, ALL OF YOU, VERMIN.

DIE.

well i am still not sure, last year DS sales were 1/3rd of the highest week.... but that didn't include either the 24th or 23rd of December like this year does... so it mostly depends on whether any Wii were put on shelves for those two days (The biggest shopping days of the year)

whatever happens I am sure Japan will not drop.... so that is 250k+ there already, and Others sales might not be too bad, even if UK sells no Wii at all for those last two days it would be held up because supply is not extra tight in Germany, Benelux, Spain, Italy and Scandanavia.
America is where it hinges, as I have no idea whether there were any Wii at all there last Sunday/Monday, or whethr any will be there during the week.

I think I may have miscalculated wrong in my last post, because i said Zucas guess would be a low estimate, but I meant it to be 550k as the minimum, not 650k (Zucas having 675).... which means that i was 100k high saying 750k as well. So maybe Zucas will be closest on the last week too.

Shams your name is in Red, smite the false god you see beneath you.

(I should have put it in capitals if i were to properly mock you wong, but I couldn't bring myself to look so stupid as to type everything like that)

shams said:
This weeks numbers are insane - 1.5m sales in ONE week (for context, that's 10% of the 360 total lifetime sales, and almost 20% of the PS3 lifetime sales!).

Wow, I hadn't thought about it that way!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
shams said:

Wow, I hadn't thought about it that way!

Yeah that is pretty insane to think about it that way. Impressive indeed.

To Each Man, Responsibility