By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The TEN WEEK countdown - begins now!

it looks like wii has a chance at 20 mil

Around the Network

Wii wont hit 20 mil. It would need over 1 million WW sales for the next four weeks. Or one week that is way over 1 million that will compensate for the other weeks. Its not going to happen. The supply just wont be there.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

It wont hit 20M this I know. 17M is all I expect.

mM

Looking good for 18.5m-19m - get close to 20m, but won't hit it this year (v. unlikely).

Still - JL's predictions are looking better all the time. If anyone had predicted 20m by Xmas at the start of the year... they would have been ridiculed!

@Leo-j: Time for you to up your predictions... it will exceed 17m by mid-December, then get close to 2m in the last 2 weeks.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

leo-j said:
It wont hit 20M this I know. 17M is all I expect.

So you think it will sell 360k per week for the rest of the month, when it has been selling more than 600k per week lately? That's even less than 1.8 million per month.

Oh well, keep those comments coming. I wouldn't want to be a crow in 2008.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Leo is just attempting to counteract JL, if he still actually believes 17 million only then he is going to be incredibly suprised.

let leo talk what he wants, there's a high chance that his predictions will fail and that'll be that. Hmm, seems that 19,1 million units sound about right for the Wii. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Actually I have a good feeling that the Wii will hit 20 million by December 31st but the website will take a good month or 2 to catch up. I think it's been under tracked by VGC and NPD, when Nintendo releases it's shipped numbers we'll have a much better idea. So John stands a good chance at being right. His 2008 predictions... LOL... ya.. ummm I don't know how close he'll be for them. I do respect the guy, he realizes only Nintendo could possibly screw it up by not making enough systems and I believe that's the biggest problem. Nintendo will drop the ball again on production.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Holy shit, Wii is on track to do around 19 mil this year!... Holy shit!...  That's almost what Gamecube got in 5 years!

THE NETHERLANDS

^Drop the ball? No rather, they will still have it in their hands, just not high enough to make that awesome dunk.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting.