By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can God create a rock so big that he can't lift it?

I heard my one of my friends say this and act like theyre intelligent and shit for saying it, and it pissed me off. They thought that they cornered believers into some sort of corner and shit because no matter how you answer it you undermine God.

I was like, no you're not original, and no, you're not intelligent.. Furthurmore, that question is fucking stupid.

And I am curious.. why do you guys think it is a stupid question?

Around the Network

which god? there are soo many, im sure one of these fictional beings could do something like that, not sure why they would do so though?

Its like asking questions about who would win a super hero battle.

They're all fictional characters, who gives a fuck?

Boneitis said:

superman fans?

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

no he couldent, because god's forearms are massive and he can lift anything

SciFiBoy said:
Boneitis said:

superman fans?

Well Superman is too super in my opinion. Its a good thing kryptonite can be found everywhere.

Boneitis said:
SciFiBoy said:
Boneitis said:

superman fans?

Well Superman is too super in my opinion. Its a good thing kryptonite can be found everywhere.

oic, you more of a Spiderman fan then? or Batman?

Okay, seriously guys, there is no need to insult someone for having beliefs in any religion.

@ Dgc; lol!

OT: It's an interesting question, and I know that atheists think they're being very smart when they say it, but Christianity isn't exactly based on stuff we can explain. Really, it's more of a humans can't comprehend God's powers thing. How could we know? Maybe he can do both. Yes, it defies logic, but this is God we're talking about.

Basically, we can't comprehend God's powers, so we can't answer the question.

It's a stupid question sure. But it does pose a bit of a philosophical debate here. If god is omnipotent, can he create a challenge that he cannot do? If he cannot then he cannot do everything. If he can create such a challenge, then he is not omniopotent because he can't pass the challenge he created.

damn it i found a gold nugget in a pile of shit didn't i