By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can God create a rock so big that he can't lift it?

angrypoolman said:
Dgc1808 said:

94?

Around the Network

I've already answered this in a topic a LONG time ago.

mmnin said:

I've already answered this in a topic a LONG time ago.

link?

Even though I don't think God exists and I understand the intent. It really doesn't matter. We're human, mortal and frail. Even if god can/can't create a rock he can't lift he can still kick your ass with eternal hellfire. So it really doesn't matter much.

The main thing would be, if you can ask God that question then God exists. The means us non-religious types lose.

Plus I doubt an all powerful god would do what we ask, because why would he?

Although the concept really cracks me up regardless.

The answer's yes, no doubt in my mind.

I'll talk about why in the morning.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
The answer's yes, unequivocally yes.

I'll talk about why in the morning.

ill be looking forward to that post.

insomniac17 said:
Okay, seriously guys, there is no need to insult someone for having beliefs in any religion.

@ Dgc; lol!

OT: It's an interesting question, and I know that atheists think they're being very smart when they say it, but Christianity isn't exactly based on stuff we can explain. Really, it's more of a humans can't comprehend God's powers thing. How could we know? Maybe he can do both. Yes, it defies logic, but this is God we're talking about.

Basically, we can't comprehend God's powers, so we can't answer the question.

thias

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

The answer is easily no, because there is no god.

But if the point of that comment was to discredit what the bible says about god, there are much better examples.

My favorite is the belief that god is omnipotent, and that god has given man free will.

These two things can't both be true. If I have free will, god can not make me do anything, and if at any time god can make me do anything, I don't have free will, I only have gods will.

Funny you should ask. God and I were hanging out the other day when I asked him this very same question. He created a rock about the size of a car. Then, when he tried to lift it, he couldn't. I said, "Aha! You're not all powerful at all!!"

Then God said, "I'm God, baby! What you think about this?". He then picked up the rock and threw it at me, killing me, instantly. Then, he brought me back to life.

When I woke up, my family was dead, my home town was burned down, and my Wii had the RRoD (wtf?).

I said "God? What the heck, man?"

"The lord works in mysterious ways, baby.", he said.
Then, he left.

I don't challenge God or ask him stupid questions, anymore.

TheRealMafoo said:

The answer is easily no, because there is no god.

But if the point of that comment was to discredit what the bible says about god, there are much better examples.

My favorite is the belief that god is omnipotent, and that god has given man free will.

These two things can't both be true. If I have free will, god can not make me do anything, and if at any time god can make me do anything, I don't have free will, I only have gods will.

i still fail to see how those two statements contradict eachother. just because god knows what you are going to do doesnt mean he controls what you are doing.