By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: on PS3s recent sales surge "We expect it to be short-term and we expect them to be back down to third place soon like they’ve always been.”

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
1337 Gamer said:
wow the fanboys are really out and running with this topic. You guys are pathetic honestly This comment was a bit arrogant but its PR for crying out loud. Both companies have done it and if your so offended by it then you really need to get a life outside of VGchartz. Everyone on all sides needs to just calm down your getting worked up over nothing.

The point is, Microsoft keeps doing it, and without any hint of remorse.  Almost as if its a tactic to try to draw in the other side (Sony and Nintendo) into some kind of PR catfight so they can then smear their name and then outdo them in marketing.

Its a tactic many have tried to implement before, including Microsoft many times over the years.

Its not called PR for nothing. While i dont condone Microsofts behavior the fact of the matter is every company does this and its just business and since when does it really matter to any of us. If its truly that big of a deal then SONY will respond back. We dont need to be the ones offended especially since this wasnt aimed at any of us.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

MS we will see at the end of the gen

1337 Gamer said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
1337 Gamer said:
wow the fanboys are really out and running with this topic. You guys are pathetic honestly This comment was a bit arrogant but its PR for crying out loud. Both companies have done it and if your so offended by it then you really need to get a life outside of VGchartz. Everyone on all sides needs to just calm down your getting worked up over nothing.

The point is, Microsoft keeps doing it, and without any hint of remorse.  Almost as if its a tactic to try to draw in the other side (Sony and Nintendo) into some kind of PR catfight so they can then smear their name and then outdo them in marketing.

Its a tactic many have tried to implement before, including Microsoft many times over the years.

Its not called PR for nothing. While i dont condone Microsofts behavior the fact of the matter is every company does this and its just business and since when does it really matter to any of us. If its truly that big of a deal then SONY will respond back. We dont need to be the ones offended especially since this wasnt aimed at any of us.

But every company doesn't do this.  Nintendo to my knowledge never has made comments anywhere close to this.  The worst comments I have ever heard from a Nintendo exec is from the Vice President of Nintendo of America calling the Xbox Overpriced and 'only for people who like Mature shooters' or something to that extent.  And he doesn't even work there anymore.

And as I stated above, the Sony execs have stopped their negative PR as well, along with their management structure being totally re-arranged.

Its just Microsoft pulling these asinine PR stunts now.  Its like they still think its 2001 and if they just keep saying things, their fans will believe them and buy more copies of Halo.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
1337 Gamer said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
1337 Gamer said:

But every company doesn't do this.  Nintendo to my knowledge never has made comments anywhere close to this.  The worst comments I have ever heard from a Nintendo exec is from the Vice President of Nintendo of America calling the Xbox Overpriced and 'only for people who like Mature shooters' or something to that extent.  And he doesn't even work there anymore.

And as I stated above, the Sony execs have stopped their negative PR as well, along with their management structure being totally re-arranged.

Its just Microsoft pulling these asinine PR stunts now.  Its like they still think its 2001 and if they just keep saying things, their fans will believe them and buy more copies of Halo.

Im not quite convinced SONY is completly above this yet. We will see what happens whether or not they comment on this. but my remark stands Companies pull this kind of shit all the time. its just business. Theres no need for you or anyone else here to get offended. This remark is directed at SONY not us. Just let it go.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Why not actually complain about the guy who was stupid enough to utter these words rather than lumping it under the branch of the entire company. Had this been a Microsoft press release then fair enough but it isn't.

Every person on this site represents their company while at work and we all occasionally drop the ball and make an ass of ourselves and as a by product, the company we're presenting.

Around the Network

Funny stuff people. No point attacking it and saying that Sony or Nintendo are better because they aren't and theres no point in supporting it as its stupid. Well the third option is ignoring it, so yeah I think the people lost the high road.

Tease.

Actually, we're playing into MS' hands: their goal is clearly to attract as much attention as they can to maximize games releases effects before Xmas. What a shame that the more they play this same old game, the more their credibility plummets.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Actually, we're playing into MS' hands: their goal is clearly to attract as much attention as they can to maximize games releases effects before Xmas. What a shame that the more they play this same old game, the more their credibility plummets.

One could argue that by replying to your foolish assertions im playing into your hands but luckily I will remember that you did this and your credibility will fall and I won't be as likely to fall into your trap again.

Tease.

kowenicki said:
He can only be saying this if he knows something we dont... otherwise it isnt happening "soon" and he will be wrong

And im laughing at Cross-x and all the others complaining of MS arrogance... Sony arrogance at the outset of this gen and up until relatively mecently was staggering!

And here I thought you were one of the more rational and reasonable dudes around here...

So just because I've said that I hate MS arrogance here, does that make you think that I deny the arrogance of Sony? Who the hell said Sony wasn't arrogant? You think I'm some idiot who's trying to defend Sony and deny their arrogance or something?

It's not bloody rocket science to figure out that Sony is arrogant and it's not bloody rocket science to figure out that MS is arrogant. And yeh of course each company would say arrogant stuff coz its just business. Who gives a damn about whos more arrogant or not.

The fact that MS just made another arrogant comment made me say "I hate MS and their arrogance." Geez and since this topic deals with MS specifically, I only bought up my hate for MS arrogance. There would be no need for me to bring up the arrogance of Sony here. That can be said somewhere else, but not here.

You're the one making me laugh here mate...

Yeah i think it will slow down after holiday sales.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB