By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: on PS3s recent sales surge "We expect it to be short-term and we expect them to be back down to third place soon like they’ve always been.”

leo-j said:
huaxiong90 said:
It never ceases to amaze me how people take PR way too seriously.

they have been with the same crap since last year, they keep hitting the PS brand, its like SEGA with nintendo back in the day..

I know, but it's just business, dude. I don't see why it should offend the consumers.

@darth: If that was directed at me, then I meant everyone, not just PS fans.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

These PR guys are always shoved up their companies a**... but that is what a PR guy is payed to do.

Gee what have i done? they're just harmless comments right? I didn't realize people would get so upset and serious. I thought everyone would have taken this better.

CGI-Quality said:
madskillz said:
kowenicki said:

I'm sorry to bring it up again... but regardless of what anyone says this gen, nothing will ever compare to the:

"The next gen starts when we say so"

I know its old but it SET THE MOOD of the gen, so please... cut the holier than thou bull.

Can I get an amen?

That's great, but that's not the subject at hand. Just because Sony has been arrogant doesn't mean Microsoft has to go and repeat the behavior. If anything, this sounds like you guys are applauding an excuse to be arrogant, which is crap IMO.

You guys? Don't get it twisted - just because Sony said it, Kowenicki restated and I agreed. That's it. Why are you reading more into this than it really is?

He said they were going to be in third place. LOL. Do you have a personal stake in this affair? Did he diss a family member? I have all the consoles - and could care less about what he said. SO WHAT. Move on. Nothing more to see. Good laugh, but who cares?

darthdevidem01 said:
madskillz said:
kowenicki said:

I'm sorry to bring it up again... but regardless of what anyone says this gen, nothing will ever compare to the:

"The next gen starts when we say so"

I know its old but it SET THE MOOD of the gen, so please... cut the holier than thou bull.

Can I get an amen?

NOPE

You don't even have SONY's worst arrogant statement:

Kutaragi was asked what he feels about the price of the PS3 thatw as just announced to be $599

Kutaragi answered "It's probably too cheap"

& yes he did say that btw

Dude, you need to come to church wit me.

Around the Network

I was just playing with my comment. I just think they have a funny job. They get payed a lot to say biased remarks all day.

IMHO I think some of the guys on this site could do a better job then they do.

Vetteman94 said:
madskillz said:
CGI-Quality said:
madskillz said:
kowenicki said:
He can only be saying this if he knows something we dont... otherwise it isnt happening "soon" and he will be wrong

And im laughing at Cross-x and all the others complaining of MS arrogance... Sony arrogance at the outset of this gen and up until relatively mecently was staggering!

Please, keep preaching. Some folks weren't in church yesterday. Muchas gracias.

They've both been heavily arrogant, but that's not to excuse Microsoft for doing so here.

So, it's ok for Sony to say people will go out and get two jobs to buy a PS3 OR they'd sell a 5-6 million consoles without games - and MS says 'They'll be in third, like they always were?'

Ok, he said it. Why are folks so sensitive? I don't see anything wrong with it. What about when Reggie said 'Not my problem?'

Over the PS3's 3 year span, I can't tell you the number of threads I've seen where folks are yappin' about the PS3's big break. I even remember when NJ5 had in his sig - PS3 domination starts in ... and there were several titles and events crossed out.

The PS3 is still in third. Yes, the console will cut into the 360s lead, but reality is - Sony is still losing tons of money. When the financials come out, they'll still won't see a profit. And to think Sony is going to dig itself out of the hole they dug - and keep this steady pace while the 360, which IS making $$$ for MS, just stops selling? Wow. I just grin so much when I see statements like that.

He can make statements like that because his console is making money, even if the sales aren't there, it's still making money while the PS3 is burning through it like zozobra.

Isnt the Xbox division $5.8B in the hole?   And has only turned a profit the last 2 quarters out of a 8+ year span.  

So until they have 2 successful generations while turning a profit in both can they make comments like that.

Uh, yeah, they can. They have the champ from the past two gens on the ropes - weathered the RROD drama - and erased a Sony comeback before with a meager price cut.

How many times will folks keep bringing up the SDF talking point - MS is $6B in the hole? Keep saying it if it makes you feel good and sleep better at night.

They paid $6B to overthrow a champ. And it was worth it for MS, sitting in second place and a sizable lead.

CGI Cracking out the whip of justice

More and more MS executives losing control of themselves... Ballmer must be contagious.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seems Sony and MS PR keep switching places every 6 months.