By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter : SALES of New Super Mario Bros. Wii will “SHOCK” (in a "good" way)

Pineapple said:

How is 15 million overdoing it? You have

Wii Fit - looking at 25-27 million

Mario Kart Wii - looking at 30-35 million

Wii Sports Resort -  Looking at Mario Kart Wii esque sales.

And it has the game that will end as the best selling game on DS as it predecessor. Unless Nintendo messes up the advertisement, I too see 15 million as a low, low-end.

Woah I don't think so.. Any reason why you think it'll sell that high?

Around the Network

puffy said:
Pineapple said:

How is 15 million overdoing it? You have

Wii Fit - looking at 25-27 million

Mario Kart Wii - looking at 30-35 million

Wii Sports Resort -  Looking at Mario Kart Wii esque sales.

And it has the game that will end as the best selling game on DS as it predecessor. Unless Nintendo messes up the advertisement, I too see 15 million as a low, low-end.

Woah I don't think so.. Any reason why you think it'll sell that high?

It is currently at ~ 18 million. It should sell around 3 million more this year, making the total sales for 2009 ~ 8 million.

If you look at Mario Kart Wii's sales, it has been pretty directly linked to the Wii's sales. When the Wii is high, Mario Kart Wii is high. When the Wii is low, Mario Kart Wii is low.

I don't think MKWii will manage to sell 8 million next year. My prediction for 2009 was

150K/week for the first 6 months = 4 million

100K/week for the next 3 months = 1.3 million

3.5 million in the holiday quarter. = 3.5 million

Total for 2009 = 8.5-9 million.

Considering that the Wii sold as much less than I believed it will, it actually sort of did that. But the point isn't to brag about my prediction.

It's going to start out lower in 2010. A fairer prediction would be

90K/week for the first 6 months = 2.3 million

75K/week for the next 3 months = 1 million

1.5-2 million for the holiday quarter = 1.75 million

Total = 5 million.

That seems rather plausible to me. And if the price drops, it could outdo that. Anyway, this leaves it at no less than 26 million. From there on in, it depends a bit on the life of the Wii, and a few other factors I cannot predict well.

My 30-35 million estimate is actually rather old (it must be around a year old now), and 28-33 million would probably be better today.

28-33,000,000 or 35,000,000 really would be a phenominal achievement so i dont see the point in discussing either as even if it stopped selling today it would have blown anything else away on any of the other machines

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

I love the answer Pachter gave to Keighley's question starting at 48:12 and ending at 49:08.

Even with the Wii slowing down to PS2 levels, extreme detractors want to treat it like it's a complete failure and Nintendo is doomed. I'm glad he called that out in his answer. Nintendo really is a victim of its own success.

Kenology said:

I love the answer Pachter gave to Keighley's question starting at 48:12 and ending at 49:08.

Even with the Wii slowing down to PS2 levels, extreme detractors want to treat it like it's a complete failure and Nintendo is doomed. I'm glad he called that out in his answer. Nintendo really is a victim of its own success.

I only watched part 4 and that part had me laughing. From the ten minutes I saw, Pachter was actually my favourite.

The 'hardcore' guy sat next to Pachter went from orgasmic when talking MW2 to gritting his teeth and clenching his fists when Pachter was telling them Nintendo ISN'T doomed. When Pachter says "they're killing it, they're killing it", hardcore guy looks like he's going to smack Pachter in the mouth.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Nintendogamer said:

60 million wii's? at the moment it's more like 57.5 million, but it will pass 60 million in December.

it MAY pass 60 million, but I don't know if it WILL.

it needs some 5.5 million more units from here to NOV 30 to get to 60 million.

I corrected my messege

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

darthdevidem01 said:
leo-j said:
Nintendogamer said:

60 million wii's? at the more it's more liek 57.5 million, but it will pass 60 million in November.

it MAY pass 60 million, but I don't know if it WILL.

it needs some 5.5 million more units from here to NOV 30 to get to 60 million.

That should be EASY for ti leo-j

Ooops crap. I meant 60 Million in December not November.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

10 million by the end of the year

i lol at game sages...
they should stop taking WRPGs too seriously.

I think this game is now going to better than I thought, its currently number 6 in the amazon sales charts, So there is quite a bit of interest. It still wont sell as well as MW2 though but it should reach 5 million.

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales