By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter : SALES of New Super Mario Bros. Wii will “SHOCK” (in a "good" way)

Sales of New Super Mario Bros. Wii will “shock”
BY Rain Anderson Oct. 25th, 2009 More on:Michael PachterNew Super Mario Bros. Wii

In his second sales prediction of the day, the first one being about Modern Warfare 2, industry crystal ball Michael Pachter reckons the sales of Nintendo’s upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Wii will “shock.”

“This game defines the NintenDad, it defines him,” the Wedbush analyst said on Bonus Round. “So yeah the bored housewife bought WiiFit to get in shape and do yoga [but] this is the first game that I’ve seen on any Nintendo system that’s complete throwback that I can play with my kids. As a NintenDad, I’m psyched to play this game.”

Pachter notes that the attach rate doesn’t need to be big at all considering there are 60 million Wiis out there and, while not dishing out an exact number, predicts, “It’s gonna shock you how many units that thing sells.”

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/10/25/sales-of-new-super-mario-bros-wii-will-shock/

First of all how are there 60 million wii's out there!

PACHTER is correct....but obviously he expectes big things!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Oh my. What an insight. My feeble little brain could not have come up with the idea that NSMBWii will sell amazingly.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

This is all coming from gametrailers bonus round. I really don't see what's so shocking seeing a Mario 2D game sell like crazy during the holidays. It's expected.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/309

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

What a prediction! The man is an absolute genius.

My expectations are very high, for me to be shocked, it'd have to be Wii Fit levels of sales.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

"Not as big as MW2!"

So, his expectations would probably "SHOCK" (in a "bad" way).

60 million wii's? at the more it's more liek 57.5 million, but it will pass 60 million in November.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

@cord

why

what do YOU expect from this game software?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

c0rd said:

"Not as big as MW2!"

So, his expectations would probably "SHOCK" (in a "bad" way).

He proberly means this year

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'd be disappointed if this game sold less than 15 million.