By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analysis, what version of GH III are U buying?!

ameratsu...almost everyone here thinks the PS2 version will sell the most...or at the least will be very close second to 360 perhaps...hardly anyone thinks the Wii will be number 1 though...so I don't know why you bring it up.

Of course, you need to take into account online play and DLC, which the PS2 doesn't have...which will be sales boosts for 360, PS3, and even the Wii which has online play.  I'm definitely looking forward to playing co-op or versus my friends who don't live nearby.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Right. No one's saying the Wii version will sell the most. This thread is about which version WE'RE purchasing, if at all.

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

Interesting there is alot of wii fans on this site, (wonders what I am doing here). I will not buy GHIII I can honestly say that I have never played the serie. So what does the Wii version have that the rest dont?

It's not really that the Wii is the best version, Yojimbo, I'm just guessing that most people who are getting the Wii version don't have a 360 or PS3...so there's your answer.

That said, the Wii version will be good, as the only thing it doesn't have compared to 360 and PS3 is downloadable songs in the future...and even that could change sometime later...though it's not to be expected. The Wii version does have co-op and versus online play just like 360/PS3.

Also, the Wiimote plugs into the Wii guitars, which gives it Bluetooth connection, compared to 360's wired guitars and PS3's WiFi, plus the Wiimote gives the guitars rumble and sounds when you mess up through the Wiimote speaker. All relatively minor stuff, but that is something you don't have with the other versions, and if you've only got a Wii, well it's a pretty good GH3.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Benkenobi88: Not that many wants to pay for extra songs or have internet. But the Wii versions seems better with the wii mote Wii>Ps3>360>Ps2 but sales wise its going to be the other way around..pff ps3 screws up a good example.

Around the Network

Hehe yeah. I'm 99% sure the Wii will beat PS3, mainly because of its target audience and the larger userbase.

Heck, the Wii version could sell nearly as much as 360 after a while...but I doubt it'll pass it, especially if there's a shortage of extra guitars...very possible.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I'll be buying the 360 version because I already have the guitar.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

a no-brainer, 360, since I have the GH2 360-version already.

But anyone who thinks this site is representative of the general public as far as prefference goes is delusional :)

I personaly think the bundles at least will sell better on the wii version compared to the 360 version (depending on availability of course). The software only version should push the 360 above the wii though.

BenKenobi88 said:
ameratsu...almost everyone here thinks the PS2 version will sell the most...or at the least will be very close second to 360 perhaps...hardly anyone thinks the Wii will be number 1 though...so I don't know why you bring it up.

there was a thread where people listed the top 10 games sales wise this holiday season. very few people bothered to include PS2 GH3, and few people pegged it above the other versions. it seems to me there are quite a few people (on this site) who think GH3 Wii is going to outsell the rest.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=8417

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Well those people clearly don't know what they were thinking.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM