By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analysis, what version of GH III are U buying?!

ultraslick said:
Do people realize the makers of GH1 and GH2 are making Rockband.
And GHIII is being made by someone else.

Neversoft, who are responsible for both creating and then wrecking the Tony Hawk Series.

As for me, I don’t know. I already have two PS2 Guitars. Then again my sister is probably going to want to play online. I’m cheap and don’t want to buy Live gold, but then I think “what if I get Rockband and I can use the 360 GHIII on it and Vice versa”, but then I think, “wait, what if that doesn’t work?”.

Undecided.

Around the Network

I'm getting the Wii version if at all, I didn't really like the first guitar hero but my father likes the concept. Any quality time that can be spent with family I eagerly look forward too personally.

I've no interest in Downloadable content unless it's free, I'd rather spend my cash on new games than adding to old ones. I have a PS3 and a 360 but the wii version appeals to me more for some reason.

Wii. IGN said the Wii version would be the best if it had DLC, and since I refuse to pay for those ridiculously expensive DLC songs anyway sounds like the definitive version to me.

Am I the only person in these forums that think Wii will outsell all other versions? Anyways, Wii for me.

I'm kind of torn between having DLC (PS3) and paying less + having the ability to play online with my brother (Wii)....

How has the DLC been on the 360? Is it as overpriced as everyone says it is? Are the songs fun to play? (on expert?)

Around the Network

Can anyone tell me the differences in the 3? I hear that the Wii version will be the best, but I haven't heard why. I am sure that the DLC will never come to the Wii just due to the memory issue. Other than that, what separates the 4 versions?

bulletstopper said:
Can anyone tell me the differences in the 3? I hear that the Wii version will be the best, but I haven't heard why. I am sure that the DLC will never come to the Wii just due to the memory issue. Other than that, what separates the 4 versions?

Xbox 360 version:  Standard game.  You get DLC plus the normal songs.  Achievements.

PS3 version: Identical to the 360 version except you have to have these ugly cord things hang out of your PS3

Wii version: Same as the other two, except instead of DLC you get some motion controls, rumble in the guitar, and sounds from the guitar via the Wiimote speaker.  Wiimote plugs directly into the Guitar, so no extra wires or cords.  The official statement on DLC is "No DLC will be available initially," but I honestly don't ever expect it.  

Also, remember people that DLC costs money. 

From what I've seen and heard of the DLC on GH2 for 360...it's generally not worth it.

But GH3 is from a different company, and DLC could be totally different.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

naznatips said:

Xbox 360 version: Standard game. You get DLC plus the normal songs. Achievements.

I know you did not say otherwise, but just to make clear, they all have achievements.  The Xbox 360 version may be better, though.  Also, the Wii uses friend codes, while not bothering me, it could bother some people.

Nintendo did not make GH III use friend codes so I blame that on the developer.  Also, the developer wanted to use DLC, but Nintendo did not have the system set-up, yet.  That is Nintendo's fault.  Hopefully, both of these things will be worked out when GH4 comes around. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
naznatips said:

Xbox 360 version: Standard game. You get DLC plus the normal songs. Achievements.

I know you did not say otherwise, but just to make clear, they all have achievements. The Xbox 360 version may be better, though. Also, the Wii uses friend codes, while not bothering me, it could bother some people.

Nintendo did not make GH III use friend codes so I blame that on the developer. Also, the developer wanted to use DLC, but Nintendo did not have the system set-up, yet. That is Nintendo's fault. Hopefully, both of these things will be worked out when GH4 comes around.

I said "everything in the other versions."  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  Yes, every version has achievements of a sort.  Yes, the Wii version also uses friend codes for online multiplayer against/with friends, so if that bothers you you may want to avoid it.