By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analysis, what version of GH III are U buying?!

Wii - 37

X360 - 6

PS3 - 6

PS2 - 2

None - 8

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Gah...I hope you're not one of those people that tell me to "go play a real guitar!"...because those people completely miss the fun of the game...

No i'm not, i have never played a real guitar either.

...i understand the fun of the game, it fits into the same area as elite beat agents which looks really fun (also havent played...no DS)

The main reason i wouldn't consider it is because i have never payed more than £50 for any game, and only once more than £40 (Banjo-Tooie - £49.99).....i usually try to get new games around £30 or lower, unless i really think an extra £5-£10 is worth it.    I was incredibly chuffed when LoZ:WW was retailed at £30 AND you got OoT with it too, 2 of the greatest games ever for £30 is the best bargain i have managed.

Well I am getting the Wii version because I have a Wii. It really doesn't bother me about the DLC, I just hope it comes sooner rather than later. I don't want the reason the other versions are recommended over the Wii to be that you can download a cover version of Run to the Hills. :)

Wii. I've ordered a second guitar too. I'm thinking of using Battle Mode as a way of settling disputes with my housemate.

Welcome to the forum, gurok :)

Wii - 39

X360 - 6

PS3 - 6

PS2 - 2

None - 8

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:

It's really worrisome to see franchises handed off like this, it always makes me think of the travesty that was Max Payne II.

Yes, I remember IGN saying how the timing was off when they first played GHIII, al though it sounds like they tuned it a little more and give you a slightly larger window to hit notes to compensate. Don't like the artstyle change either. Harded and less cartoon like, all though honestly it doesn't matter since playing or watching, I'm always starng at the fret, but still, to me it signfys a change in direction I'm not sure I care for.

PS2. I've already got the guitars. I don't want to purchase them all over again just for a next-gen update.

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

I'll get the Wii version. I've never owned GH before, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm getting the 360 version, since I've already got the guitar from guitar hero 2 and for the Dlc.

i think people are foolishly underestimating the ps2 version.

PS2 version >> Wii version in holiday season sales.

PS2 GH install base
Guitar Hero: 2.05m
Guitar Hero 2: 3.26m
Guitar Hero 80s: .62m
Guitar Hero 3: ???
---------------------------
Total Sold: 5.93m

X360 GH install base
Guitar Hero 2: 1.65m
--------------------------
Total Sold: 1.65m

Wii GH install base
----------------------
Total Sold: 0.00m

so there are a few million ps2 owners who have the guitars (the expensive part after all) and are probabally perfectly content playing the ps2 version of GH3. if someone owns no console and wants to play GH, the ps2 is the cheapest route to do so. what makes everyone here think the wii version is going to sell so well? i'd really like to know the reasoning behind this.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka