By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - new info on ign nintendo game (all aboard/get off the hype train)

woopah said:

these posts come from an ign employee on the ign boards

Don't know why this game wasn't revealed today. I know Nintendo showed it to most of the sites yesterday. I'm sure we'll get the full scoop soon enough.

so site shave already been shown the game, we just need to wait for the embargo to end

but

I don't know why Nintendo is making people wait so long for this announcement. I am reluctant to provide any more details than I already have, but trust me at this point when I say there won't be too many people out there who will be blown away when this one gets revealed.

so it prob wont be  something like star fox or f zero

and when asked about its coolness compared with Pokepark he says

I'd say less cool in concept, but most likely a better game when it's all said and done

however

There is one interesting aspect to the title that hasn't been fully revealed yet. The ultimate quality of this title may hinge on how well this aspect is executed

to add to the mystery

I don't think anyone will be able to guess what this game is. I never would have expected this title to be in the works.

and even more mysteriously

I was actually excited about it when I first heard what it was, but after more details made it my way, it no longer seemed nearly as appealing. It's still a cool idea, just not one that anyone asked for or expected.

to those of you thinking its the mario title

I don't think these two games have anything to do with each other. Martinet must have been referring to something further down the line.

and now heres even more posts to confuse you

can state with absolute certainty that it is NOT that Pokemon game. It is something that came out of nowhere and shocked the hell out of me. That's not to say that it's a Megaton-level announcement, just that I certainly didn't expect it.

I'd have to say that my hype level is somewhat low for the title, despite the fact that I'm certain it'll be a really stellar game. I can understand why Matt and Craig don't sound completely blown away by it, even though it had to have caught them off guard too. 7

I suppose some people will be sad about it, but I know that I won't. It's definitely not something that anyone has considered yet. I think sites will have previews for the title going up tomorrow, so there shouldn't be too much waiting left. I'm certain that many of the people on this board (at the very least) will be psyched about the game, just not as psyched as we all want to be over a mysterious Nintendo announcement.

The reason why it's unexpected is that it's just really an odd time to make the announcement, just looking back on the Nintendo-published Wii games we have gotten in the past year or so.

I also would not say that I am not at all excited for the game, just that it's not too easy to get totally hyped for without knowing more details than just the franchise it's from. I'm sure once the previews actually hit tomorrow that I will be more excited than I am now.

so established frnachise, odd announcement time, hype low, quality high, less cool than pokemon,  interesting feature, it will shock you, but wont blow you away, not a megaton, something no one can guess. so just an average nintendo mystery then.

you know what i think?

ICE CLIMBERS!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG WHY WAS THERE A 7 OVER THERE in the Article

FF7 Remake Confirmed?!

On a serious note....

Pilotwings!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I was thinking Luigi's Mansion 2 as well.
But they make it sound like it's from a longer running series.

darthdevidem01 said:
woopah said:

OMG WHY WAS THERE A 7 OVER THERE in the Article

FF7 Remake Confirmed?!

On a serious note....

Pilotwings!

LMAO

How you picked that I do not know :P

puffy said:
I expect it to be a WiiWare title whatever it is.. I mean why would Nintendo announce an A level game now? It seems like odd timing unless it's being released soon and that would suggest a WiiWare release. Who knows though..

It's hardly unprecedented: In 2007 and 2008 they announced the next-year (or more) releases of Mario Kart Wii, Monster Hunter 3, the WiiWare service, Sin and Punishment 2, and Punch-Out!!, along with a bunch of other games. Now, the latter two may not technically qualify as "A level," and WiiWare is a service, but my point stands.

That said, I'm not hyped. Interested, but not hyped. Which is odd, because if there's one site that can get me excited about a Nintendo game, it's IGN (so long as they're not hyped).

feedtheplants said:
I was thinking Luigi's Mansion 2 as well.
But they make it sound like it's from a longer running series.

A longer running, but currently dead series. Kid Icarus i think is precluded here. Matt C would be running all over the internet yelling "told you so!" at anyone who would listen. So what does that leave us with? What has Nintendo invested in at one time in the past, but ignored for a really long time, and isn't Kid Icarus?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

damm you Darth!

exposing my typos

also is it just me that finds the wii hype train picture hilarious?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:

Yes.

A proper Nintendo hype train looks like this:

noname2200 said:
woopah said:

Yes.

A proper Nintendo hype train looks like this:

lol. My internet connection loaded the GIF slowly, making it agonizingly slow and all the more hilarious.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

mario paint seems more and more probable

woopah said:
damm you Darth!

exposing my typos

It's not just you :P

@Mr Khan: It's interesting and for nobody to have asked for it... I can't think of anything lol

I mean we'll find out really soon, hopefully tomorrow but worse case scenario would be next Monday. Could be something like Donkey Konga, not saying it's Donkey Konga but a different take on an established franchise for example.