By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (10/12 - 10/18)

people are making uncharted numbers seem low, when they are brilliant really! Too bad some just let their feelings let loose. Thats how Japan works folks

Around the Network
saicho said:
outlawauron said:
buzzard said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
buzzard said:

So the PS3 bubble finally burst, FF13 will give it a nice bump but that's it for PS3.

Gran Turismo 5 says hello lol

Yes, I totally forgot about it, that one too will give it a bump, but that's it for PS3 :p

Because there are no other games that'll boost it for the rest of its lifetime. Like Yakuza 4 in the Spring or Resonance of Fate in January.

EDIT: Actually, just go ahead and look at a release list.

outlaw, that's a pretty high expectation for Resonance of Fate.

That it'll increase hardware sales?

Not only that but Ar Tonelico 3 will  be releasing at the same time, so that fanbase will need to hop on. I'm not talking FFXIII or GT5 numbers, but games that will provide boosts in between the huge titles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

saicho said:
ethomaz said:
Poor sales... I don't expected a less than 100k from Uncharted 2... and about 35-37k for PS3.

Tsk Tsk Tsk... You don't even remember what your own predictions were.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5588

ethomaz says:
Uncharted 2 below 70k??? I think that this preview fail.
Uncharted 2 over 100k. I believe.
Posted on: 10/19/09, 02:45
ethomaz says:
And PS3 arround 40k this week.
Posted on: 10/19/09, 02:51

What??? Same predictions.

About 35-37k = around 40k.

100k = 100k

EDIT: I see now and fix . Thanks.

ioi said:
Expected and hoped for are two different things. A bit of logic, looking at historical data etc would have kept your expectations a little more realistic

Now I Know. I failed in my prediction .

outlawauron said:
saicho said:
outlawauron said:
buzzard said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
buzzard said:

So the PS3 bubble finally burst, FF13 will give it a nice bump but that's it for PS3.

Yes, I totally forgot about it, that one too will give it a bump, but that's it for PS3 :p

Because there are no other games that'll boost it for the rest of its lifetime. Like Yakuza 4 in the Spring or Resonance of Fate in January.

Not only that but Ar Tonelico 3 will  be releasing at the same time, so that fanbase will need to hop on. I'm not talking FFXIII or GT5 numbers, but games that will provide boosts in between the huge titles.

Resonance of Fate looks really good but somehow I'm not expecting a lot from it.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

The Wii-Ps3 battle is EPIC.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
saicho said:
outlawauron said:
buzzard said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
buzzard said:

unfortunately, not that many people at VGChartz know about this franchise.  it's very popular in Japan/Asia.  it may not sell A TON (like over 200K), but it will for sure boost the hardware number.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

samus aran rules said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
well ps3 will continue to dominate(29 october bayonetta ,tekken 6 ,the last rebellion)until december with a lot of games to support it

What exactly is PS3 dominating? It sure as hell isn´t Wii since they are both tied in hardware right now and Wii is having bigger softwaresales (so if anything Wii is dominating but I would certainly not call it that).

If one is to be nice to Sony one can say that it´s a tie right now regarding the consolerace in Japan but the one who is dominating Japan is as usual NDS with both huge sales in hardware and software. In Japan we should not look at things in terms of consoles and portables being in separate markets. Since they very clearly are competing in the same arena for custumers. NDS is this generations PS2 in Japan saleswise, that is the only proper way to look at it.

it is nonsence comparing DS to PS3

SINCE THEY DIFFER SO MUCH

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
samus aran rules said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
well ps3 will continue to dominate(29 october bayonetta ,tekken 6 ,the last rebellion)until december with a lot of games to support it

What exactly is PS3 dominating? It sure as hell isn´t Wii since they are both tied in hardware right now and Wii is having bigger softwaresales (so if anything Wii is dominating but I would certainly not call it that).

If one is to be nice to Sony one can say that it´s a tie right now regarding the consolerace in Japan but the one who is dominating Japan is as usual NDS with both huge sales in hardware and software. In Japan we should not look at things in terms of consoles and portables being in separate markets. Since they very clearly are competing in the same arena for custumers. NDS is this generations PS2 in Japan saleswise, that is the only proper way to look at it.

The only time people say that is when it favors there argument.

If Ps3 was selling identically to DS, noone would hesitate to brag about it. But since it isn't, "they can't be compared".

Also, when Wii was outselling PS3 by 10-1 in Japan. People said "they can't be compared, they are too different" Now that they are neck and neck after the SLim, how things have changed, they can be compared now!.

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
samus aran rules said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

Yes, comparing a console and a handheld is not the proper way to look at anything.

ph4nt said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
samus aran rules said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

The only time people say that is when it favors there argument.

If Ps3 was selling identically to DS, noone would hesitate to brag about it. But since it isn't, "they can't be compared".

Also, when Wii was outselling PS3 by 10-1 in Japan. People said "they can't be compared, they are too different" Now that they are neck and neck after the SLim, how things have changed, they can be compared now!.

Japanese like small things or they are adapted to live in small places. I think it is difficult to them to have a 52'' lcd tv + a 7.1
 HT + a PS3 Phat (now slim solved part of the problem). They have no more room for it. Think about it.