By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (10/12 - 10/18)

ethomaz said:
rccsetzer said:
and under miserable 360 sales.

Xbox 360 doesn't exists in Japan .

yes it exists huge advertisment campaigns but still people ditch it

Around the Network

Any question... Is this final or preliminary numbers??? Because the official site doesn't have them.

And Media Create... when???

And Wii sales keep on dropping as expected. Bad timing on Nintendo's part to cut the price when no games are coming out for a month. Next week it should drop once again since there are no notable games coming out.

The price cut barely put the Wii on par with last year sales. I don't think this is what Nintendo expected at all.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
And Wii sales keep on dropping as expected. Bad timing on Nintendo's part to cut the price when no games are coming out for a month. Next week it should drop once again since there are no notable games coming out.

The price cut barely put the Wii on par with last year sales. I don't think this is what Nintendo expected at all.

Hence why I said meh sales

but nooo a few newbies started bashing me

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ethomaz said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
uncharted 1 opening week in japan was 22,000 now it will reach 60,000 the triple and check the same date last year both Wii and ps3 are up (ps3 up 22k from last year)

Poor sales... I expected a little less than 100k from Uncharted 2... and about 35-37k for PS3.

Tsk Tsk Tsk... You don't even remember what your own predictions were.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5588

ethomaz says:
Uncharted 2 below 70k??? I think that this preview fail.
Uncharted 2 over 100k. I believe.
Posted on: 10/19/09, 02:45
ethomaz says:
And PS3 arround 40k this week.
Posted on: 10/19/09, 02:51

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
well ps3 will continue to dominate(29 october bayonetta ,tekken 6 ,the last rebellion)until december with a lot of games to support it

What exactly is PS3 dominating? It sure as hell isn´t Wii since they are both tied in hardware right now and Wii is having bigger softwaresales (so if anything Wii is dominating but I would certainly not call it that).

If one is to be nice to Sony one can say that it´s a tie right now regarding the consolerace in Japan but the one who is dominating Japan is as usual NDS with both huge sales in hardware and software. In Japan we should not look at things in terms of consoles and portables being in separate markets. Since they very clearly are competing in the same arena for custumers. NDS is this generations PS2 in Japan saleswise, that is the only proper way to look at it.

U2 did decent.

ioi is right

but still the drop off compared to 1st day sales is very steep

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

buzzard said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
buzzard said:

So the PS3 bubble finally burst, FF13 will give it a nice bump but that's it for PS3.

Gran Turismo 5 says hello lol

Yes, I totally forgot about it, that one too will give it a bump, but that's it for PS3 :p

Because there are no other games that'll boost it for the rest of its lifetime. Like Yakuza 4 in the Spring or Resonance of Fate in January.

EDIT: Actually, just go ahead and look at a release list.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
buzzard said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
buzzard said:

So the PS3 bubble finally burst, FF13 will give it a nice bump but that's it for PS3.

Gran Turismo 5 says hello lol

Yes, I totally forgot about it, that one too will give it a bump, but that's it for PS3 :p

Because there are no other games that'll boost it for the rest of its lifetime. Like Yakuza 4 in the Spring or Resonance of Fate in January.

EDIT: Actually, just go ahead and look at a release list.

outlaw, that's a pretty high expectation for Resonance of Fate.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.